Alfa Romeo Forums banner

14421 - 14429 of 14429 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,422
Headroom when you need it

Very nice!
I put the S seats back in my s recently and have that same head room clearance issue.

I may have to put my summer 164B gray velours back in my S as I set to high in the black S seats.

Now my 164L has S look alike front seat tan reskins that set me lower than the Black S seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
The brown-suited Santa (i.e., UPS driver) delivered my new aftermarket seats for Il Diavolo Rosso this afternoon. I plan on installing them tomorrow. I find the stock seats in my 164S too high, which results in my head hitting the headliner unless the seat back is reclined at an uncomfortable angle. On my previous 164S I replaced the stock seats for the same reason (the car I sold to Bob H, to feed his Alfa addiction) - they are too high for me because of my long torso. I just love the tan and black interior color scheme of Il Diavolo Rosso, and this these new seats will go well with it. They color is called "Maple Tan" and it a little less orange than the Alfa's tan color.
What brand are those and what do they cost if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Finished reinstalling the steering rack we’ve reconditioned and also resealing the oil pan (and removing / refreshing the cigarette seals). Everything back together now but we have these metal spacers left over!

Does anyone know where these are from? We had the subframe right down and suspension dismantled on both sides of the car.

I don’t want to drive the car again without them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Today I went to Frank Zucchi Restorations tech session. I learned a new trick! When detailing your car. 1. wash with soap and water 2. wipe down with glass cleaner to remove grease and old wax. 3. apply wax. 4. dress the rubber trim. 5. clean the glass. 6. remove the wax and buff to shine. What I like about this method was, when you dress the rubber you always get some stuff on the paint. If you leave the wax on and buff it off after you finish detailing, all the residue is removed as you buff off the wax!!!! Here is a couple of photos I took today.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Redalfasgofast , where did you get those seats and if you don't mind me asking how much were they ?
Got the seats on FleaBay (aka eBay) for $330/pair. The color is "Maple Tan." Search for "Tan Racing Seats." They will deal a little bit on the $350 list price if you make them an offer. You need to make custom brackets so you can mount the aftermarket seats (and your stock seatbelts) to the standard Alfa seat mounting points.

·
Registered
494 Posts
have not been on here awhile and got a surprise that they have updated the website!! maybe a little late here lol but i can see photos now!
RedAlfasgoFast
Would like to see how that turns out, ive seen those seats a few times on ebay.

Alfa update: We got hit with a bit of snow a few days ago, this winter i have no place to store my 164 as my brother had moved and i was storing it in his garage, i hate seeing snow on top of her but i think it should be fine over the winter. I do not plan on driving it on the streets here during winter and our road never gets plowed. I still have the 15W50 oil in it and while it was fine to start in my brothers garage (Heated Garage) this winter it would be much colder.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,428
I drove BB2 to wally world today. I sent my friend Lee in NJ an ITRE and seal kit to rebuild his steering rack today.

Also put a new chain on my 14" MightyMax McCullough 20+ year old chainsaw.

Learning everyday more about how to navigate this new formatted alfaBB.

·
Premium Member
26,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,429
Once again I got a chance to drive BB2 about 15 miles today to go to a doctor's appointment. I usually don't like to use it for real short trips to wally world and rec ctr as the car doesn't get up to full operating temps that way. I did also open the pex valve for the heater core as our morning temp was 47 this morning here in Paradise South in Mid Florida.

Got two trees pulled Monday and stumps ground to start my pathway to side of garage for future concrete pad for a Car Port. Have our cargo trailer in that spot now.

14421 - 14429 of 14429 Posts