Alfa Romeo Forums banner

14421 - 14440 of 14459 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,422
Headroom when you need it

Very nice!
I put the S seats back in my s recently and have that same head room clearance issue.

I may have to put my summer 164B gray velours back in my S as I set to high in the black S seats.

Now my 164L has S look alike front seat tan reskins that set me lower than the Black S seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
The brown-suited Santa (i.e., UPS driver) delivered my new aftermarket seats for Il Diavolo Rosso this afternoon. I plan on installing them tomorrow. I find the stock seats in my 164S too high, which results in my head hitting the headliner unless the seat back is reclined at an uncomfortable angle. On my previous 164S I replaced the stock seats for the same reason (the car I sold to Bob H, to feed his Alfa addiction) - they are too high for me because of my long torso. I just love the tan and black interior color scheme of Il Diavolo Rosso, and this these new seats will go well with it. They color is called "Maple Tan" and it a little less orange than the Alfa's tan color.
What brand are those and what do they cost if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Finished reinstalling the steering rack we’ve reconditioned and also resealing the oil pan (and removing / refreshing the cigarette seals). Everything back together now but we have these metal spacers left over!

Does anyone know where these are from? We had the subframe right down and suspension dismantled on both sides of the car.

I don’t want to drive the car again without them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Today I went to Frank Zucchi Restorations tech session. I learned a new trick! When detailing your car. 1. wash with soap and water 2. wipe down with glass cleaner to remove grease and old wax. 3. apply wax. 4. dress the rubber trim. 5. clean the glass. 6. remove the wax and buff to shine. What I like about this method was, when you dress the rubber you always get some stuff on the paint. If you leave the wax on and buff it off after you finish detailing, all the residue is removed as you buff off the wax!!!! Here is a couple of photos I took today.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Redalfasgofast , where did you get those seats and if you don't mind me asking how much were they ?
Got the seats on FleaBay (aka eBay) for $330/pair. The color is "Maple Tan." Search for "Tan Racing Seats." They will deal a little bit on the $350 list price if you make them an offer. You need to make custom brackets so you can mount the aftermarket seats (and your stock seatbelts) to the standard Alfa seat mounting points.

·
Registered
494 Posts
have not been on here awhile and got a surprise that they have updated the website!! maybe a little late here lol but i can see photos now!
RedAlfasgoFast
Would like to see how that turns out, ive seen those seats a few times on ebay.

Alfa update: We got hit with a bit of snow a few days ago, this winter i have no place to store my 164 as my brother had moved and i was storing it in his garage, i hate seeing snow on top of her but i think it should be fine over the winter. I do not plan on driving it on the streets here during winter and our road never gets plowed. I still have the 15W50 oil in it and while it was fine to start in my brothers garage (Heated Garage) this winter it would be much colder.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,428
I drove BB2 to wally world today. I sent my friend Lee in NJ an ITRE and seal kit to rebuild his steering rack today.

Also put a new chain on my 14" MightyMax McCullough 20+ year old chainsaw.

Learning everyday more about how to navigate this new formatted alfaBB.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,429
Once again I got a chance to drive BB2 about 15 miles today to go to a doctor's appointment. I usually don't like to use it for real short trips to wally world and rec ctr as the car doesn't get up to full operating temps that way. I did also open the pex valve for the heater core as our morning temp was 47 this morning here in Paradise South in Mid Florida.

Got two trees pulled Monday and stumps ground to start my pathway to side of garage for future concrete pad for a Car Port. Have our cargo trailer in that spot now.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Spend the day in the garage, changing engine and transmission oil on the Giulietta and preparing the Q4 to fix the engine - amongst others - in the beginning of next year.
2019-12-07 18.45.30.jpg

·
Premium Member
15,489 Posts
Drove the 91S again for a while, enjoying doing it's manual shifting after driving the Chevy (Holden) SS back from Las Vegas where we had picked it up. That SS is a very easy car to drive sanely, and yet if you put your foot on the go pedal, all hell breaks loose (0 - 60 = ~4.7 sec). Verrry Interesting. Missed the shifting of our Alfas though, as this car has the automatic with all sorts of ways to do it's own shifting, including flappy paddles behind the steering wheel. That part was boring.

Very nice to not have to think about slowing down in the curves, lol, as it has nice brand new 19 inch tires and huge Brembo brakes, with stab control, etc. Comes with all the techie options we've grown to dislike, but you can turn most of them down or off. The rider spent most of the time in the car reading the very thick owner's manual, just trying to figure out why either something didn't work, or did. Too much info. Just waiting now for the transferred title from the dealer in El Paso to show up so I can take off the Texas plates.

This will be a trip car, the Alfas for fun around town and local curvies.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,432
Del you just had to do it didn't you? GOOD 4 U.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,433
Alfa related - watching YouTube videos about the Giulia QV today. I did something yesterday to my left shoulder and rotator that has me recliner bound with remote in my right. Hope as the Christmas festivities approach everyone ready for the holiday and the New Year.

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
Heal quickly, Steve.

·
Premium Member
15,489 Posts
Saw some new Alfa Giulia ads on the tube the last couple of days. Surprised that they were for local dealers, maybe just for Christmas, lol. I wonder what the new signed agreement between FCA and Peugeot will have on the future of Alfa. It has been said that maybe several lines would be dropped and most others would use just a couple of common platforms.

Also, not particularly Alfa related, except our Alfas don't do this,but got an email from the former owner of the SS, forwarding a message from OnStar giving the December "wellness" summary of the SS. It mentioned that three tires were just a little low, and I should add a couple of lbs each, lol. Turns out that the full function OnStar has been canceled by the PO, but OnStar will provide monthly 'wellness' checks on the car for free. I guess this means that the car is communicating yet with OnStar as part of the GM provided warranty package which the car still has, even if the car tracking, engine cutoff, door unlocking , etc, features are now canceled. Interesting.

Oh well, as long as we don't hook up a smart phone or plug something into the car's USB port, we should be ok. Also must store the keys in a metal can at home, so that they cannot be read by hackers. Alfa Giulia owners should do the same so that the car doors cannot be opened by hackers, a relatively common occurrence now for newer keyless cars evidently.

Finally, Happy Holidays to all, and please recover from your new ailment, Steve. Don't need that for the holidays.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Washed the 164 and took it out to get it up to temp and clean the rust off the rotors. Haven’t driven it on a while as I suspect maybe a transmission input shaft bearing problem.

Got about a block and a half away from home and it quit on me and wouldn’t restart. Got some exercise pushing it back!

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,437
Merry Christmas Alfa fans! Here in Paradise south it is currently raining on our parade. The weather guessers are predicting clear skies and 75 for Christmas Day, Our youngest daughter flying down on Christmas morning and our oldest daughter and family on Saturday. Musical cars on Sunday as we will be driving the 164 on Sunday to take youngest back to the airport as the oldest and family will be using our Jeep GC to go to Busch Gardens.

My shoulder rotator coming around, not a full lifter upper yet but pain has subsided immensely.

Del I get wellness reports monthly via Carfax and our local Jeep dealer but I guess that is part of new to us even for used car ownership now.. Seems like part of registering it with FCA to get rest of powertrain warranty in my name got me on the watch list. They know the current mileage and tire pressures but not sure about the oil life yet since I haven't let them change the oil. I still plan to do that at home in the privacy of my own garage.

Unless you always paid cash and never went on the internet you are out there for the world to see. Even if I just think about buying something now I get ads for it on FB.

Ciao Alfisti and have a Happy 2020.

You know who I am without even signing don't ya?

·
Premium Member
15,489 Posts
"Unless you always paid cash and never went on the internet"

Yup, we paid cash for the car, and will not access the internet by hooking up a phone, etc, while in the car. At least our Alfas are "dumb" in that respect. At home, well yes, on the internet, and we also get ads for anything we have looked at. Hate it. At least we don't have a smart phone which can also receive ads, or track us. Same for using an older handheld GPS, even in the new car. No tracking of our location. At least our Alfas are "dumb" in that respect as well.

Stay well, enjoy the holidays, and don't get rained out as we did here. We just set records for daily rainfall here, no thanks to the "pineapple express" rain river we get every couple of years. At least we will not have to shovel snow this year so our Christmas day dinner guests can make it to the house.

After all the excitment of the holidays is over, will have to exercise the Alfas a little.

14421 - 14440 of 14459 Posts