Alfa Romeo Forums banner

13081 - 13100 of 14423 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,081
Little Alfa related today. I switched sides of garage for BB1 and BB4 as I need to do some tweaking on BB4. I am gonna try to replace clickity-clack rear window regulators with two good ones I got out of QS2 before it went to P-N-P.

I had washed and clean BB4's exterior yesterday so once in garage I gave it a clean and wax treatment. I forced Sara's BF's Yamaha out so I could get both BB1 and BB4 in garage.

I spent mucho time on our Jeep Grand Overland changing oil and filter and washing off road grime and bugs from FL trip. I used cleaner wax and a once a year wax and seal treatment same as I used on BB4. It looks good and is only 14 years old.

I know it maybe hard to believe especially for die hard Del but I really do like Jeep Grand Cherokees. My version at much lower price than a Alfa Stelvio.

My friend Don just bought a 2018 Ti Stelvio from my bud John at Greer, SC Alfa/Fiat dealership. John is shipping it up to VA for Don. We are going out to see Don and Ev June 8-10 so should get a test drive in it then.

Nearest dealer to us in Lakeland is Winter Haven, FL. I did see a RED Stelvio in Lakeland last week as well as a Fiat 500L and some regular 500s.

If we buy a lottery ticket and win maybe we will get a Stelvio, too. I expect the Giulia would be to low and hard to enter and exit for my lower back issues.

Jeep Grand works for us now and at 14 years old only has 135K on it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Little done today due to schedules and lack of parts so I loosened up the upper strut bearings. Still notchy. I am still surprised that I can't find a suitable bearing and just swap out. Seems odd that one would be so rare. As best as I can measure it with my caliper, it is 14mm (bore) x 40mm (dia) x 16mm (height at the mounting points. A bit more shallow at the bearing faces). A search of BRD c623 brings up nothing concrete.
Had a closer look at a 91 (or 92) that is sitting in Toronto and looking for a new home. Beautiful dial wheels and newer rubber. Exterior is really sharp with one rust spot at the rear where bumper meets metal. Interior is super clean and I mean super. No tears or creasing of the leather. Air apparently works as well but has a rough idle. Brakes are now shot due to sitting immobile through the winter. Sad. Owner mentioned $1200 but I looked under the fenders and noted that the drivers side was missing a front wheel well cover and also the shocks were looking worn. Don't want to trade one problem for a similar problem so unless he offers it for tow value, no.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
want me to ask my parts guy here in Italy? if so post me the details about your car, prefer a chassis number. An ePer part number would be best. Those things are retty cheap here ciao, chris

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Today, (Sunday), my wife and I had a great run in the GT with the Alfa club through the Adelaide hills to the Barossa Valley wine district. It was what we call an economy run which involves filling our tanks at the start and then following route directions to the final location, refilling the tank and calculating the fuel mileage. The winners of the four and six cylinder classes then get a trophy at the annual dinner. It was a great drive with a good variety of cars including a new Giulia, a Duetto, some late model Giuliettas, three GTs, an Alfetta sedan, a Brera Spider V6 and a 159 3.2 AWD Q4. It is very difficult not giving in to temptation and giving your Alfa a blast through the gorges though.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Good Evening from Paradise Folks,

Fat Albert dumped three inches here today and kept me under a roof all day.
Then magically around 5pm the skies cleared and we lit up the BBQ as we always do on a Sunday evening.
We actually light the fire come hell, wind, fire or snow.....it's a ritual.
I have been known to turn the meat, barefoot on a wet deck in between lightning strikes during a violent thunderstorm.

I spent a quality Alfa day refurbishing two front axles and re-booting a steering rack I bought off EBAY.
I need another steering rack....rebuilding two cars here.
I usually deal with JORGEN for steering racks but the EBAY offer was very good.

The two rebuilds are now under way and I will resume those in respective separate posts.

A good Alfa day for me.

Tomorrow I will continue.

My flag flies high all weekend for the occasion and privilege.
We are incredibly fortunate.

Ta,

Neville.

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
Fortunate indeed and very thankful for those who paid so dearly for the life I live.

I clay barred the windows on the red car today. That was after I cleaned them really well. Amazing all the dirt the clay removed.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Removed bad radio from Red Car and hooked up new one. I'm happy to say it sings sweetly, unlike the one I had before that had a terrible popping and crackling sound all the time. Not sure why.

Tomorrow, I put the car back together. Windshield still not fixed. Safelite said the glass was in stock but then it wasn't.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I picked up the new 2011 159 ti 1750 TBI this morning from the truck depot. The thing is immaculate and a delight to drive. It feels lighter and more nimble than the diesel wagon. It has a lovely short shift on the gear change and a nice light clutch. My trusty Alfa mechanic is changing the timing belt and water pump etc and flushing out the engine and gearbox oil. Hopefully I can drive it home tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,092
Nice looking 159 OZ3!

As for myself Alfa related yesterday, I managed to take one very small bite out of the enormous elephant in my garage.

Backed BB1 out of garage then stared on my 15 year wall of parts of many colors then started sorting and packing.

Box 1 - packed up new and nearly new front/rear brake rotors
Box 2 - packed up new/rebuilt/used front rear brake calipers
Box 3 - packed up new set of 164S AE piston and liner set
Box 4 - packed up refaced flywheels and nearly new 164S and 164Q clutch set and new disc
Box 5 - repacked/sorted new and used 164S cams and various engine parts.
Box 6 - TBD

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Weekend

Got over to Blake's on Saturday to do a little under dash touch-up on my Giulietta.
Took a few more photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Love This Shot.......

The nose was not bad when I got the car in 1977. However this is what I was hoping for:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
I cleaned the windows really well first, several times with spray on foam type cleaner, then used a Mother's clay bar kit. The clay turned black. Amazing how much dirt came off after cleaning them.

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
After cleaning them with glass cleaner, mine still were rough to the touch, but really smooth after clay bar.

·
Registered
491 Posts
So I'm still having a turn signal problem, if I hit the bottom of the dash they work again. Took relay out but auto parts store was having trouble finding the exact match so I'm asking what is the part number for that relay.

13081 - 13100 of 14423 Posts