Alfa Romeo Forums banner

8661 - 8680 of 14425 Posts

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Richard if you buy the Alfa ones from FLorida they are OEM and do last a long time. The O ring ones from Centerline not so long

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
:surprise: Air bag light came on in Blue Car last night. Have to get out the Alfa Tester and set it up to read and clear the codes. Hopefully nothing needs to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
15,426 Posts
Don't remember the last time I had to replace one of those rubber donuts.

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
I remember when I replace hem...almost every year! If I get them from Midas, they seem to last a little longer. hanks, Goats:) I'll try Alfa:)

·
Premium Member
15,426 Posts
Yeah, I got mine from Lino at Alfa of Tacoma.

Richard, any answer to my question?

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Metric in that case R2. ciao, chris

·
Premium Member
26,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,669 (Edited)
Alfisto and now Alfisti plates

BB2 the 164S running already with one time fee antique vanity plates -Alfisto.

Today the mailman finally brought the new antique vanity plates - Alfisti for BB3 the 164B.

I will install them tomorrow.

What a difference one little letter change can make but who will notice?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Cool!

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
????

not comment on my part, ciao, chris

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Alfa day, definitelly:
- washed 2 of them
- swapped wheels into suumer type on 156 and 164
- swapped radiator on 156 diesel (hope it will solve coolant problem)
- DROVE 164!!! :)

·
Premium Member
26,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,673 (Edited)
Sold my Alfa/Alfa Parts hauler today BUT not before I

Sold my Alfa/Alfa Parts hauler today BUT not before I replaced to two seat belts that Buster the wonder dog chewed on them.

I no longer tether him to passenger seat or middle position seat belt.

I had to go the Pick-N-Pull and skin a 2000 Dodge Ram Quad passenger seat to get seat belt and middle passenger seat belts.

The Quad cab model does not have B pillar between front doors and rear suicide doors, SO the seat belt reel is inside bullet proof steel tubing seat frames.

We had to pull passenger seat seat back upholstery off like a wet bather suit to get to seat belt reel. What a chore BUT, we (me and new owner - my best friends daughter) had to pull and peel off seat back to change dog chewed belt. Middle one was a challenge too as the blue locite (acted like red!) would not release bolt holding seat belt end to center console frame.

Happy to say surgery and organ transplants were successful and new owner headed back to Northern VA with her new to her used truck.

Little sad but glad at the same time - GLAD. I sold my Alfa Romeo parts hauler (2000 Dodge Ram PU) today to my best friend's daughter. I have known her since she was a just a premi in the Yokohama,Japan Navy Hospital in 1965. She has become a horse rider and horse riding instructor for disadvantaged kids.
Who knows a horse trailer may end up behind this truck!

Still haven't had time to do the Alfa related "Alfisti" antique tag swap on BB3.

Tomorrow young Zach to show up with his white 92L for rear strut transplant.

My Busted Knuckle Garage stays awful busy on other people's cars.

I need my own Alfa 164 fix - maybe next week!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Steve-you make me want to upgrade my 92 Ford F150-it's got a fresh 5L and E4OD trans, but it's a 50 footer aesthetically, and that's in poor light! Bosco has helped make the bench seat kinda ratty...

On the Alfa front, the GTV underhood paint project is over (what an ordeal!) It's now in the back caveman garage, making room for the LS under the industrial strength storm proof carport.
A few quick pics-note the mud on the LS. I have about .7 miles of rustic road.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
All the new seats are now fitted to the 75 and it looks like a different car inside. I spent yesterday cleaning and installing the re-covered rear seat my friend gave me. It was harder than I expected because the new cover and layer of foam made the base a tight fit. I couldn't push it far enough in to get the pins to locate at the front, so I had to fit the base first, then the backrest, which is the opposite of how it should be done. I was unable to fit the 6mm bolt that goes into the floor in the middle but it doesn't really need it. Also the backrest had two plastic guides for the seatbelts riveted to the bottom of it which are not on the original seat. They made the tight fit even worse so I removed them. The seat came out of an older 2.5 litre car and ours is a 1989 3 litre. I don't know why the older car had those and the 3 litre doesn't. I might be able to work out a way of shoe horning it in one day but it is in there now.

I think I might tear the old torn and sagging headlining material off the cardboard today because every time you touch it dust falls on the seats. I will get my upholsterer mate to re-cover it at some point, or if I can get one out of a wreck I will get him to do that and swap them over. The other thing I need to do is fit a good set of door trims.

·
Premium Member
15,426 Posts
Another great drive in the 91S to Bellevue and back for the Japanese class, and then a drive to the nearest Lowe's for two bags of decorative river rocks and a couple concrete wall blocks for continuing my feeble attempts as landscaping.

Met a guy at the local Lowe's who was perusing my 91S when I came out. He said he had just bid on a 91S on BAT, car located in San Diego I guess. Didn't get it, but he sounded pretty upbeat about getting one. Is familiar with the BB.

Wanted to buy mine, but I had to disappoint him. Said he had owned a Milano, has Citroens, but wanted a 164 real bad. Turns out he lives just down the street a mile or so.

·
Premium Member
15,426 Posts
Alas, I know his name, Christopher, and he looks at the BB but don't know him otherwise. I know about where he lives, maybe I'll drive in that area to see if I see Citroens, that's what he has for fun (?) cars right now.

I think he would be.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Mr Jeff, beautiful inner engine bay. Raining this side of the pond, doubt much productivity will produced. Ciao, chris

8661 - 8680 of 14425 Posts