Alfa Romeo Forums banner

8141 - 8160 of 14428 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Testing a coil in an S3 Spider

I got my hands on two new coils and tested all of them. The one in the car's volts with key on showed 12.5 Volts. Good, power getting to the coil. Ohhms were different. If you look at the pictures you can see the one in the car at .80, the next one is the new blue Bosch and came back at 3.5 and a stock Echlin replacement from NAPA came back at 1.2. I will have to see if the one my car may be suspect. What is the lowest one supposed to put out?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,142
That sleeve will not come out with the bracket on the car.
You need to remove the bracket and either press the sleeve out or carefully use a hacksaw to cut it loose.....preferably the former as much easier.

Ta,

Neville.
You can cover up timing belt area with a towel to prevent getting any debris in the belt area and cut it out with bracket on engine.

I have done it many times.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rally del Frio - mountains north of Madrid

My 1600 Giulia Spider has its guts out this month but my friend Jaime was kind enough to lend me a gorgeous 25,000km-from-new 1300 GT Junior to participate in a stunning two days of driving through the mountains north of Madrid. Amazing empty roads for really fun driving - topped and tailed by great food and fine wines. Shame Jaime never let me behind the wheel of his 6C 2600!

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
NO! I don't do Volvos
But this isn't any Volvo, it's a P1800. It's a very special snowflake, it's actually a cool Volvo. Not too many of those around!

I also watch wheeler dealers, that was a good episode. I wish I could take my Alfa to their new CA shop.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well after about 30-45 minutes of careful sawing i managed to get the metal sleeve out. i tapped one side with a flat head and used pliers to grip the rest and pulled right out. The idle and initial start up is much smoother. However the taping/vibration i was feeling is still there but is 80% less noticeable than it was before.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,146
Good Job there young fella!

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
my friend Jaime was kind enough to lend me a gorgeous 25,000km-from-new 1300 GT Junior to participate in a stunning two days of driving through the mountains north of Madrid. Amazing empty roads for really fun driving - topped and tailed by great food and fine wines. Shame Jaime never let me behind the wheel of his 6C 2600!
Wow!
How lucky is that.
Nice pair of cars.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Like I said earlier Steve, Therealguy419 is a "qualified" 164 petrol head.
Its nice to see young guys interested in these cars.
Pity he will miss the gathering here in two weeks.
I am slowly getting to know my way around these cars! i will be stopping by this weekend to drop off the control arms and pick up those hood hinges if you have found the other one.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Noico

About...What's that sound proof material your using?
Sound/noise proofing @ 1/2 the $ of Dynamat or Hushmat. Don't remember where I found it, just "surfing" and ran across it.
"Noico classic 15" is the name.
Santana Pac Warehouse, Inc.
8687 Bowers Ave.
Southgate, Ca.90280
#281-220-8800

Hope that helps all interested!
"not affiliated"

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Had a great lunch experience. Drove around with the sun roof open and the windows down, over some levee roads. Lots of fun.

On the down side, its now quitting at stop lights. I have to get to the bottom of this. Idle has become ragged.

·
Premium Member
26,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,153
Had a great lunch experience. Drove around with the sun roof open and the windows down, over some levee roads. Lots of fun.

On the down side, its now quitting at stop lights. I have to get to the bottom of this. Idle has become ragged.
Remove and clean idle actuator and bosch connector.

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
Got new tires mounted onto R2's Milano. The tires on it when he bought it were really bad. He bought some new 17 inch tires from the Tire Rack, and had them sent to my tire/wheel guy to be mounted up while he was away. Sure made a difference in how the car drove. He is going to be one happy dude.

Only bad thing was that all four of the 17 inch wheels had bent inner rims (always a problem with these wide low profile wheels), so had to have the two worst ones straightened and then put on the front. The two wheels which were not too bad I just had the new tires mounted up and put on the rear of the car. He will have to get them straightened some day, but no immediate hurry.

I think the car has a lot of potential.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It was 40 degrees here in Ohio but felt the urge to drop the top and have a quick spin. It was cold and I put the top up after about 5 miles! My 1991 spider had idle actuator problems too. It had been acting up in the Fall but a good cleaning resolved it. When I put the car away, I cleaned it once more. Odd? Maybe I'll look at it after I warm up.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It was 40 degrees here in Ohio but felt the urge to drop the top and have a quick spin. It was cold and I put the top up after about 5 miles! My 1991 spider had idle actuator problems too. It had been acting up in the Fall but a good cleaning resolved it. When I put the car away, I cleaned it once more. Odd? Maybe I'll look at it after I warm up.
I heard it was suppose to be warming up within the next week or 2 up there but i could be wrong. Some family have told me they haven't gotten a lot of snow.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Remove and clean idle actuator and bosch connector.
And, I'm sure there is an item on your excellent maintenance lists that will inform my efforts! Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Yesterday we made the holes in the 75 carpet ready to fit the GT seats. I also fitted the Alfetta handbrake lever. The new carpet looks very nice. I am not used to seeing a 75 with good carpets in it. After this we will get the rear seats re-covered with the leather from the GT rears and then get the headlining done. We need to decide what colour material to put on the door trims as well.

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
Richard, always fun to spend someone else's money, lol.

8141 - 8160 of 14428 Posts