Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Buying more parts for the 164 LS , of course!

Making a inventory of what part need fixing on my 1959 Sprint 1300cc engine Needs a new cylinder head installed this spring.

Driver side rear strut to come off soon on the 164 , soaking the bottom two bolts with Kroll.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Suspension R/R

Well the garage is getting some activity
Got all the parts to change out most of the rear suspension components on the LS.

Working on Alfa's, you collect a variety of supports to keep the cars happy when their off the ground.
My favorite are pine blocks, cut at a local lumber mill. There 6 inch x 6 inch stock cut at one foot lenghts. Their lightweight and have may uses. Seats, work surface, saftey supports to back up the jack stands, etc.

Use them on their sides, not standing up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I put mouse traps in the garage today. Drove the LS on Sunday. Their was a 1994 Q in attendance same color combinations as mine , white over metallic silver, but with 16 inch euro wheels and stock body cladding. Nice ride for a younger person.

We went to see a euro version 1750 GTV in a garage with the AROC-CT Club brunch crowd and was amazed what mice can do to the inside of a car. Every piece of upholstery was ripped and torn to mouse size shreads.

Good idea with the tag system. I use the one inch square tags with the string attached :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mercedes = Teutonic electronic disaster - depending on the year.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Salieri164

Where did you get the Pentosin ATF?

FL

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Today, I drove the LS to Southbury, CT for CT- AROC business meeting and brunch. Good turnout with several Spiders [2 series], a Duetto and a Calaway GTV6.

Yesterday, test drove road tour route - fined tuned the milage and pit stops. The club is hosting a NW Connecticut Road Tour with lunch at Cafe Giulia, Simple Italian Food, Lakeville CT in Lakeville, CT. Scheduled for the 19 of May. Any BB's are in the area are welcome to join us.

Driving the tour with the LS, I am glad I have the stock road clearence.

Summers is here in CT.

Frank

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I heard that there was a nice Red LS with tan interior and low milage at Caffine and Carburetors today. Was that yours?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That was the car.
My friend Mike D with the red Calaway GTV6 mentioned it to me at brunch.

Well 108 is low mileage to me.
I will try to make one of the events later on in the year.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I drove the LS to Litchfield, CT for a CT AROC brunch 60 miles round trip, [well, it was yesterday really] had not taken the 164 out for several weeks, have been driving the heck out of the 1960 Giulietta Spider, [fun car to drive]. Was a wee bit chilly for a top down drive, so I took the LS.

Heater worked OK, set at 75.

2 yr old fuel lines and new fuel line clamps were weeping gasoline :-(
Needed to tighten them up before heading home.

Lesson learned, always check the fuel lines before starting out.

New fuel lines this winter for sure.

Frank

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Alfa uses well made fastners. I cleaned some fastners I found in a old coffee can from my 1965 Giulia.
Used P21S Auto Wash.
Great stuff mixed half and half with water, easy on the hands.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I went to a local chapter meeting and attending a BOD conference call.
No Alfa were harmed today driving on our salted roads here in Connecticut.
Yesterday activity was bedding down the two Giulietta's in the garage.
The Sprint and Spider both got their batteries connectied to chargers. Sta-Bil Gas treatment in their tanks and exhaust pipes block off.
The 164 LS is going up on blocks soon. Time for some servicing.

Frank

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That's a clean engine compartment. Not use to seeing two coils
I that what they mean by Twin Spark;)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
All the roads are full of salt up here in New England. Had a nice I storm last night, I got out of hosting a school interest group.
Switched battery charger of the Spider and on to the 164.
It's too cold to work on the car just yet.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hi John
Easy to keep the old girls happy. simpler maintance than the LS.
Did you reuse the FISPA oil canister o- ring?

I has to put cut plastic soda bottle bottoms on my ANSA end pipe to keep the mice from making a home in the resinator.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mom. Mine past last year at this time at 92.
My condolences.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yes that is impressive milage.

I would recommend a water based cleaner such as P21S Total Auto Wash to clean engine and body parts.
Frank

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well the event has finally commenced. I have started to tackle the timing belt change.
Car is on blocks and the gravel guards are off and am about to bleed the beast.

I will set up a Timing Belt thread when I post next.
Frank

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I got the '60 Giulietta Spider on the road for the season.
I was just going to replace the grease in the universal joints on the drive shaft and wound up doing the complete lubrication of all 32 fittings, I had a cup of various colored grease as a memento of the chore. No squeekes in my car.
Put hotter plugs in the 1600cc engine NGK BP7ES inteast of 6's. Runs well come detonation but could be old gas.

What a mind trip when tighten new plugs, curshing of the new gastkets sometime takes a couple of nervous turns on the torque wrench.
Then drove her 60 miles to a combined NYAROC and CTAROC brunch in Litchfield, CT. 27 of us showed up.

Still taking down the LS engine. Got the pesky TB covers off. Still waiting for the 1-5/8 socket to arrive. Could not find any 1-5/8" sockets in 1/2 inch drive, just 3/4". I guess I need a 3/4M to 1/2F adapter:mad:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts