Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have found several different "methods" and tricks to seating gears properly, I may use a little of them all to ensure I get it right this time. The method I found on CA website seems like the one I will put to use first. Thanks everyone for your input and experience. Stay safe amidst all the anarchy. My energy goes out to all personally affected by Covid-19.

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Lol. No saint. I do like to look at EVERYTHING that happens as a step in the journey, nothing is bad and nothing is good, just a lesson toward a rise in vibration. I am an IE though and meditate daily, along with Kundalini yoga...

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you. The health and sanity of humanity is in my meditations every day. We WILL come out of this pandemic stronger, closer, and wiser. Understand the value of this very important lesson.

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Car is all back together, didnt put the interior or sway bar/ sump guard back on right away," just in case"....
Started right up and held it between 1.5/2K to break in the cams. Smoke rolling off the header wraps, probably from the hi temp silicone sealer on them, oil pressure stayed steady at about 60lbs, that's good! Watching the temp slowly go up, passing where it usually runs at 175, kept climbing.... at about 15 minutes it was as high as I felt comfortable, probably about 220. I shut it down, listening to the radiator bubble. The thermo switch to the fan didnt tell it to come on for some reason. I went ahead and retorqued the head to 70 lbs hot and started to investigate the fan issue. I jumped the switch and the fan ran fine. Hmmm. Anyway I fired it back up to specified RPM and waited. The fan came on but maybe I bit later than I would like but I bet in the real world, not sitting in my garage all will be fine. Not a lick of smoke out the tailpipe and ran ut for another 20 mins.... feeling satisfied all was well I reconnected the sway bar/guard, put the interior back together, got another 5 gals of 91, changed oil filters and felt REALLY good about the day. I still need to bleed the clutch again, it takes a couple of pumps to get pressure. It think I will try the positive pressure at the reservoir to chase out the last of the air in the system. Next is a good break in run, maybe an Easter cruise!

·
Super Moderator
11,555 Posts
Excellent!

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Shiny side up and rubber down! Thanks to everyone for the support and learned advice.....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts