Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my Montreal together & want to see a picture of an original Montreal pump system, or does someone know if the Clamps used were the strap clamps or the screw clamps??

Want to bring her down to R.I. for the convention.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Putting my Montreal together & want to see a picture of an original Montreal pump system, or does someone know if the Clamps used were the strap clamps or the screw clamps??

Want to bring her down to R.I. for the convention.
The original fuel line hose clamps on the fuel pumps were the "Copiglia" style or 'sardine can' style of hose clamp and you'll need six for each fuel pump! I remembered seeing a photograph of 35 year old fuel pump hoses in one of the Montreal Books and had to look through them both a time or two before finding it in Alfa Romeo, Montreal, The Dream Car that Came True by Bruce Taylor on page 175.

You can probably find the (narrow 5 mm wide) clamp kits through several sources like, OKP or Classic Alfa and they look like the one shown here but I have read mixed reviews for this supplier:
Newco Products - Hose Clamps Also, I have noticed that the rest of the fuel line clamps are the Romoblok type of clamp (maybe what you call the screw clamp) and they are usually available on ebay. You may want to consider using the Romoblok clamps (12) on the fuel pump lines since they clamp more securely and can be reused. Either way, I am sure your Montreal will be welcome at the R.I. Convention!

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Man! I ordered the strap ones, because I guessed. The ones in the bay are also the strap ones, since mine are original. The only thing that was hacked in the car was the electric pumps. Starter is getting rebuild and my buddy started to assemble the pumps. Ordered 4 new tires and they should be in next week. New battery & oil change done!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts