Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why hasn't this sold? Any thoughts would be great. I would like to consider.
Best,
Keith
PS Link below to completed ebay listing

Alfa Romeo | eBay

·
Premium Member
22,639 Posts
Struck me that it's not a very serious looking race car, in terms of build and development, for a car with FIA papers. I didn't really trust what I saw.
Andrew

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrew, do you mind explaining more? I felt like it "looked" as good a GTAm as I have ever seen. I have a message into the seller and look to speak to him soon but wanted the boards thoughts first.
Thanks so much.
Keith

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
FIA papers don't show the flairs on the car. i wonder when the mods were done...and what else was changed since the FIA papers were issued

it's shown with a couple different #'s...120, 89, 90, 94

here's the italian site that's shown in some of the pics. wonder if they'd have some info...where did they get it etc.

STILE ITALIANO - NON SOLO MOTO

the green book shows 165805 but the fia paper shows 2430189..? maybe they refer to something different?

could definitely use a lot of detail work to clean it up

·
Premium Member
22,639 Posts
Look at the engine compt picture; it's awfully stock looking. Granted the internals of the engine could be very serious, but I wouldn't expect to see the (1) battery in the engine compt, (2) stock overflow bottle, and (3) stock brake MC on a serious car. granted they might be required for FIA cert, but this car just gives off the vibe to me of a sheep in wolf's clothing. I'd expect more period or modern mods.
Also, a race car is a tough sell on ebay; it inherently has a small market, and takes finding the right person. There are race-car specific sites, and the BB of course.
Beyond that, don't know. Just speculatin'. I don't know this car or the seller firsthand.
Andrew

·
Registered
28 Posts
If the seller will agree to a local inspection, I could look at it for you. Sterling is about 20 miles from my house and even closer to my office. I'm not an expert on racing prep. My own GTV is a dual-purpose track and street car. But I can take additional photos, ask questions, inspect the paperwork, etc.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's an almost race car. in addition to the comments from Andrew, wimpy roll cage, no real intake system, no accusump (IMHO), no suspension pics, alternator, fan, catch tanks, heavy, probably more stuff, but that's enough.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very good insight. Thanks for pointing out the details that I sometimes miss in my emotional purchases! Special thanks to dtallerico for the offer of your time. At this point I am going to pass and keep looking.
Thanks again!
Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts