Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found these up under the dash on the left side on the steering wheel (Lt hand drive car) on my '84 GTV6. There are four wires associated with them that not all connected and one "ear broken" see pics. Can't find them any where on a wireing diagram. They are certainly aftermarket but for what? My car has a Tropic Air which I'm reinstalling but can't turn on yet. most of my dash is still out so don't want to continue until I know what these are and what they hook too as it is easier now to get to stuff than it will be later. They have four wires asso. with them: red, red/black, white, & black.

Help.
Garland

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
almost looks like HD fuses used in most cars for power windows and door locks...

also looks like the add on tab used on the gtv6's to the fuse box..again i belive the add on fuse panel(2 fuses) is for the PW and AC

·
Registered
398 Posts
Garland, how is your rebuild coming along? A lot of us are still drooling from the pics you posted of your rebuilt gearbox / diff / deDion setup.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Conch. If I'd just put 12v to them it would have been obvious. Though I was thinking they were relays. But then relays wouldn't just have two connections would they.

Matthew

The restoration is coming along very well. Everything has been done to the level of the rearend. I should be driving it this week. Just waiting on getting the wheels back from the sandblaster/powder coater. I'll get some pics up in the next few days. It's pretty close to a new GTV6. Thnks for asking.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response bayalfa. When I put 12v to them they "buzzed". My light timer looks different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts