Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a set of wheels that are mesh style that say US RADAR ALFA ROMEO on the back. Dont know what they came off of and I've never seen them before... Just wondering about them...

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
don't know about the wheels but the cinder blocks look awful close to that new paint job.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I remember an old thread that mentioned these basket weave radar wheels on a spider, i think they were a dealer installed aftermarket option from back in the day. I did a brief search and did not find the thread, but you could try a search and spend some time reading, you might find it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Radar or Radir? Radir made hot rod wheels in the Sixties, and has since revived the line.

Yeah, those concrete blocks really aren't the best to use for holding up a car as they do tend to crumble under weight, such as a car! I had a parts car temporarily held up by concrete blocks on one side along with some jack stands. Someone slightly knocked the car sideways and the crumbled, flattening the jack stand at the same time!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rader Wheels

Hi I have a set of wheels that are mesh style that say US RADAR ALFA ROMEO on the back. Dont know what they came off of and I've never seen them before... Just wondering about them...
Hi, I have a 1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto with the same style Rader wheels. What size are yours? And are they one-piece or three-piece? Mine are three-piece -- steel rims with alloy centers. The rims are chrome. The centers are natural aluminum color, with the sides of the spokes painted black.

How did you end up with a set? My understanding is that not many of these were sold and fewer exist today.

Best,
G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts