Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of tidying up my Alfa and am looking for new lenses for these specific lights. Problem is, I don't know what these lights are called? I tried looking up blinkers, turn signals, fog lights and only get results for those small lights on the side panels. My light lenses are flat and my understanding is that they need to be more "nippley." If anyone has a set they are willing to sell or can provide a link to someplace selling them, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for helping.

- Leo

Attachments

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
A closer picture would help, but from here they may be Lucas lights.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Front turn signals. These look like the flat 750 style, rather than the pointy 101 style.
Andrew
Hmmm. I didn't realize there were two different styles. So is the flat 750 style correct for my '58 750? I was told they need to be the more pointy style. If that's the case, then I won't worry about it.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Dr... the 750 series for sure had the flat ones produced by Lucas and match up with the source for the taillites. When the source bin went to Carello and Altisimo tail lites the profile became more raised or pointed as on the Giulias and they became the supplier of choice for lighting. In Lucas Brit-speak they are called "Side & Flasher Lamps"..they are ubiquitously sprinkled on a lot of British cars and can be sourced from Moss or Victoria British.(Lucas part #52240) .. In "JC Whitney" Americana-speak we call them "Parking Lights". If you were told they should be pointed, consider the source to be ill-informed and take him off your Christmas mailing list. U.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Actually, the 750 series used both flat and pointed lights.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Oh, dear.. the dreaded parts manual... before we get too dedicated to correctness... maybe the Good Dr from Cleveland needs to define what he calls "more nippley". If one goes by experience in my case. I say .. the flat Lucas or if one goes by the manual it could be Carello.. or either.. but I sense there is more to the question like maybe the glass surface on the Lucas? . so what is "more nippley"?

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
According to the parts catalog, the flat front light is Lucas Type 488 and the pointy light is either Carello 11.366.000 (with fixing studs) or Carello 11.370.000 (no fixing studs).

·
Registered
1957 Giulietta Spider, 1984 GTV6,
167 Posts
My 750d came with plastic pointed Carello ones. It is a Euro model shipped to Canada. I have no reason to doubt that they are original. And another 750F owner near by made sure to point out that they should be pointy.

I asked for some help with this recently and was given a good tip. Here is a link. I know it says Sprint but ...

750-305 FRONT SIDELIGHT UNIT - 750 SERIES SPRINTS - Classic Alfa

Cheers,

Rich

P.S. - Nice colour, mine may be that within a week or not. Know anyone who is a good decision maker?

·
Registered
726 Posts
USA destined 750 Spiders had the lucas488 front indicator lamp, with the flatter glass lens.
No need to make it any more complicated by looking for anomalies in the parts book.
I have owned over 35 different Giulietta Spiders in the US And have worked on many others. All 750 had the Lucas 488 lamp.
DB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts