Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure everyone but me already knows this, but...; what is the purpose of the small holes (threaded M8 X 1.25mm) that are located on either side of the opening which is covered by the front grille of 101 Giulia Spiders? They may be found on Giuliettas, as well, but I haven't seen one up close, I have looked at dozens of photos and scoured the Giulia Spare Parts Manual; all to no avail.

I expect it will result in an "Of course!", but I gotta know why these things are there!

Thanks,

Ray
IMG_3780 rs.JPG

·
Super Moderator
11,244 Posts
Can you be more specific? Which holes? There are a whole bunch.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
You mean those tiny holes above the air intake? Those are for the chrome eyebrows. the eyebrows have studs that go through those holes and are held onto the body by washers and nuts. Do not over tighten or the studs will pop off.

There are also holes inside those air intakes. Those are for the chrome bars that go through the middle and attach on both sides.

hope that helps you.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean those tiny holes above the air intake? Those are for the chrome eyebrows. the eyebrows have studs that go through those holes and are held onto the body by washers and nuts. Do not over tighten or the studs will pop off.

There are also holes inside those air intakes. Those are for the chrome bars that go through the middle and attach on both sides.

hope that helps you.

hope that helps you.
Sorry for not making myself understood. I am aware of the aforementioned holes. The ones to which I am referring, are parallel to the road.
screenshot.png
I have posted a photo that I hope clarifies my question.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
11,244 Posts
WELL! That's a different story! My car was a factory odd-one, owned from new, and was always set-up like this. Most cars have bumper over-riders there, and I do not believe the threaded holes were used. You need another unrestored example, like mine, to see if they're were bolts in those threaded holes.

·
Super Moderator
11,244 Posts
Correction! I have car with bumper over-riders here in my shop and ONE, oddly not both, over-rider has a lip that is held in place by that bolt. The other only has a bolt through the bumper. So possibly correct over-riders have the lips with a hole for that bolt that would provide additional bumper support.
I believe this to be the correct answer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi Ray and all,

What a coincidence Ray but this could be the answer on your question about my Giulietta spider bumpers having a kind of bracket welded in the overrider !
See post # 7 of following actual thread:

62 Giulietta Spider Front Bumper Removal

I add my pictures of the brackets here in this thread again for comparison.
Rgds,

Thierry

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
WELL! That's a different story! My car was a factory odd-one, owned from new, and was always set-up like this. Most cars have bumper over-riders there, and I do not believe the threaded holes were used. You need another unrestored example, like mine, to see if they're were bolts in those threaded holes. View attachment 1604179 View attachment 1604180 View attachment 1604181 View attachment 1604182
Well, after receiving all the sagacious input, I went out to the garage and rummaged through the plastic totes storing all the restored pieces and discovered that the front overriders do indeed have those funny arm thingies which allow for a bolt to be screwed into those mysterious little holes. Unfortunately, I discovered that I do NOT have both the front and rear bumper brackets, but one set of intact rear brackets and one set of rear brackets minus the long bolt/screw that attaches the brackets.

So, now I'm on the hunt for a pair of front bumper brackets. If any of you dear souls has a pair you can part with, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Ray
Yea of so little faith !
Has't thou been denied any article needed for completion of thine project ?
"seek and you will find .." yet trouble not the Alfisti for items so readily at hand.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ray
Yea of so little faith !
Has't thou been denied any article needed for completion of thine project ?
"seek and you will find .." yet trouble not the Alfisti for items so readily at hand.
George,

Faith is the essence of things hoped for.

I have sourced a pair right here in Tulsa:😉

Ah, George; you are medicine that does the heart well...

Ray

1 - 14 of 14 Posts