Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, lemme start this post with a couple interesting ones.

Back in 1985, my dad really really wanted a 1600 GTA. When my uncle went to visit family my dad gave him the oder "Don't come back without a 1600 GTA for me!" While he was there, my uncle searched and searched. Finally he found one in Milano (where else of course). On his way up from Sicily, he stopped to go get the car. He spoke with the owner before he boarded the plane and said he was going to be there late afternoon. When he got there, the guy was nowhere to be found. The worst part was that there was a window in the garage and my uncle kept looking and looking at the car. Finally, he saw the guys neighbor, and told him the owner went out to his farm for the weekend. So much for that car! Price was $8K

Second car I found a couple years ago was a 1600 GTA. Car was in Cincinati. Red/black, right hand drive, 18K original miles, original owner. I set a price with the guy and told him to wait two days for me to close a deal on my car and I would fly out there with the cash in hand. Well, someone informed the guy he was practically giving the car away to me and he changed his mind on selling the car. In the end, I ended up selling my 1957 Alfa Romeo 1900 CSS for nothing and had no GTA. Price was $15K

I guess third time is a charm? I hope it is.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I'm a first try getter! When I see a GTA, it will be mine! 1st try! Give me 7 years!

p.s. I love using exclamation marks!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Each Alfa I set my sights on, I acquired.

Too bad I didn't set my sights high enough with the '81 Spider.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Back in the mid '70s, I missed a '66 GTC for $1000 by TEN MINUTES.:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts