Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for an aftermarket radio and have searched old threads but not much there that I could find, except comments about their exhausts as radios or blanking plates (not what I'm looking for). What radio are you using and how much cutting or modification did it take? Posting pictures would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I have an 84 Spider.

C

·
0 Posts
Almost All modern units use the din spec mounting. Meaning no cutting is needed for your car. It is real easy on an S3 Spider. The opening and modern stereo's are just right.
Go buy almost any brand you can find a good deal on and it should fit.
I have recently used Sony and JVC. The three Sony's no problem the JVC broke down after the first cd. I had to get serviced (no tunes for quite a while I was not happy).
Any questions send PM

·
Registered
43 Posts
new sound system

Just had new system installed in 88 milano verde.radio is a kenwood kdc-x493,speakers are 4 boston acoustic in doors and rear shelf, 2 clarion tweeters in doors and 2 clarion powered subwoofers under the front seats.Also have a sirius satellite tuner on a stalk attached to passenger seat base. No drilling or cutting needed.Sounds very good.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
eclipse cd-7100. awsesome unit for sound quality!

iv had many great experiences with JVC and wouldnt hesitate buying one again! this time i didnt just because the EQ couldnt match the eclipse, and no time alignment.
if i were more after a mutimedia headunit [giga-mp3 and DivX etc], id go for JVC over all most any other units around thier price [under $1500 aud].

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
nice choice unit there lgbalfa! naka' make some impressive uits! and it looks perfectly at home!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts