Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 86 Quad out for a spirited drive today. It's amazing how much I like driving this car. I have Ferraris and Porsches too, but nothing is any more fun than this little car! It's just a joy to rev.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Fun factor

Funny as my dream car growing up was a 911. Finally bought a mint, low mileage 5 year old 40th Ann (2004). Loved the whole package, gorgeous beautifully engineered car, but found I always preferred to drive my sub $10K (at the time) S4 Spider, especially for those Sunday tours of the country side. Now have the GTV6s, even more fun. At some point might get a 105/115 to go with them though; love that engine as well.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
What's in your collection?
Well... I have a 1987 Spider!

I'm a little younger than many of the guys on the BB with two kids that still need to go to college and get married off.

But I keep dreaming of trading up to a 328 one day, even though its a 355 that I would really like to have.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It was great weather this weekend around Charlotte high 60's.
I'm in Waxhaw lots of country roads and twists. I'm waiting for a couple of good rain showers to wash off the salt on main roads before I venture out and drive to work. :)

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I was seriously contemplating trading my Spider for a 911 Carrera 4 last summer. It was at my local Porsche dealer and it was a super nice car and super fun to drive. They were talking about taking the Spider in trade (not sure how serious they were) so I got it nice and clean and drove it over there with the top down on a sunny day to show it to them. Pulled up and parked right next to the 911 in their parking lot. Got out and spent a minute looking at the two side-by-side. Shrugged, got back into my Alfa and went for a drive in the mountains without even going in to get the salesman.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Oh, we need pics!
Of course all three cars because we love our Ferrari's too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts