Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange, the carpet underneath the passenger seat in my 92 Spider Veloce is wet! The car has rarely been driven in the rain until recently, so this is the first time I noticed it. There are no apparent leaks anywhere. Is there some way water can enter undercarriage? Hate to ask a dumb question, but I am stumped. Anyone experience this? Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
there are tubes that run from the space under the windshield wiper cowl, to under the dash to the wheel wells, so that this area can drain. You'll want to check if these tubes are cracked or clogged.

·
Registered
936 Posts
besides the cowl drain, the heater core or heater valve under the dash might be leaking. none of these three things are uncommon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You might also check...

...the drains from the convertible top. THere is (I think) a pair of them, one on each side. These drain the channel the rear edge of the convertible top, and run around the inside of the car, from pillar to pillar behind the seats. If your passenger side one is cracked or undone, this is more likely the source for water under the seat. If your water is in the passenger footwell, then see the 2 posts above.... Good luck with it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wet carpet

adoherty: Bingo! Tube was clogged with tape or paper of some sort. Hope that was it. May take awhile to dry out in the Connecticut fall weather. Rats.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
GREAT!! I learned something too, my (older) Spider does not have the convertible top drains. I don't think they're supposed to be there on a Duetto, does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
that's what I thought. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts