Alfa Romeo Forums banner

West Aussie 66 GTV - Starting Over!

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  pancho 
#1 ·
Forget resto in trouble, this one's taken a left turn.

To bring you quickly up to speed, while searching for basically 95% of the panels for a very sick 1970 Junior, I found a really very good 1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce shell, with some parts.

Today was delivery day. The guys at Rowe & Sons pronounced this one "the best Alfa we've seen", which is better than "the worst we've seen", which is what they said about the Junior. Underside is clean, everything looks straight, the doors are rust-free. Happy days. Although the dash is a bit split, it's straight and the glove box actually shuts.

Off to the blasters next. I am keen to move this along, so hope to post pics of a neat stripped shell soon.

This car is worth going as original as possible. Once I have inventoried the parts that come with the car and checked the bits I can transfer across from the Junior, I will be on the hunt for the remainder.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yup - pretty chuffed. Really want to do this car justice, it's in great shape. It's really renewed my enthusiasm for the process.

The photos show it as delivered. Still a bit of wiring and the headliner to come out, otherwise ready to play!

Hehe - signature updated.

#4 ·
She's a beaut Gavin. When you get around to the needed bits and bobs, I'm sure I'll have 2nds and 3rds of bits that I wont be using on mine from brightwork to mechanical. Although I wont offer any guarantees on the mechanical bits:eek: Pancho only likes the NOS stuff:p but I like fixing up the old stuff. A sucker for punishment.

No such thing as a perfect dash on the GT Veloces I reckon. Mine is pretty good, just a few splits around where someone hacked a radio hole. I did manage to find a blanking plate though.

I can send you some reference photos and info for our model too. Check my website for a pdf of the tech characteristics and specifications.

Now this is a car to get excited about!:D

#5 ·
Thanks Derek, you're up late! Watching le Tour?

Thanks for the offer of help, I don't suppose you want your 1300 (lovingly rebuilt) back in exchange for a 00536 motor that you might have lying around?;)

I have the CarDisc for documentation, yet to go all the way through it, but if you have random pics of interior or engine bay that would be welcome.

#6 ·
Don't need the 1300 but I'm sure someone will. I may know of a 00536 block lying around... Will check it out. I've already had a LSD rebuilt for my coupe, but I'll be running a 2L. Is the ratio ok for a 1600?

No tour 4 me. Up with a coughing 4 year old daughter. Hope that cough medicine kicks in soon!

#7 ·
That's no good - they're like little biological weapons at that age. Hope the meds kick in soon.

Let me know on the block.

The trick is to find the 9:41 ratio - LSDs with this ratio exist, mainly in the US. I almost bought a 10:41 from an Aussie GTV 2000 - that would have been disastrous from the lights.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.