Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wes Ingram HP 6000 Spica fuel pump, for non modified SCCA 2.0L engine with basic stock cams. Never used $800 (good price considering). Wes can tell you the exact modifications to the pump via the serial number, but it's designed to "come on" in 3-4 gear at 5000 rpm and above.

Air/fuel ratio can be modified with the lever, not the usual count the spins and use the special tool to lock down. I use my current HP SPICA with an exhaust oxygen sensor to be able to adjust AFR, plus I use a cable attached to my defrost lever and the SPICA lever adjustment.
Figure shipping from 89509.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sale is pending.
What gear you're in? In my discussion with Wes Ingram, he's the one who said "Pump really kicks on between 3-4 gears in the straights. You'll be passing people". I'm assuming he's probably talking about high RPMs at 3-4 gears.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Sale is pending.
What gear you're in? In my discussion with Wes Ingram, he's the one who said "Pump really kicks on between 3-4 gears in the straights. You'll be passing people". I'm assuming he's probably talking about high RPMs at 3-4 gears.
Hi - is the Spica pump still available?

VP

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I shipped pump to Wes Ingram for evaluation to find out what are the specs. Should hear something maybe early next week.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wes confirmed it’s not a HP pump, but a race pump for scca ITB racing back in 1991. The shut off solenoid is replaced by a lever to control the air fuel ratio. Idea is to hit high rpms on long straight always and enrich the mixture to gain HP to pass the BMW 2002.
I already have one of these pumps on my race car and it does work quite well. Wes said it’s not for street use since it doesn’t have the 3D cam logic. The driver provides the adjustment from inside the car. Something for the race track but not viable on the street. Just so you know what your buying, yes it available for sale. PM me and we can converse.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wes confirmed it’s not a HP pump, but a race pump for scca ITB racing back in 1991. The shut off solenoid is replaced by a lever to control the air fuel ratio. Idea is to hit high rpms on long straight always and enrich the mixture to gain HP to pass the BMW 2002.
I already have one of these pumps on my race car and it does work quite well. Wes said it’s not for street use since it doesn’t have the 3D cam logic. The driver provides the adjustment from inside the car. Something for the race track but not viable on the street. Just so you know what your buying, yes it available for sale. PM me and we can converse.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the reply, no racer just a street car. Sounds like a great set up for the track, easy af adjustment!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts