Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I once owned a 73 GTV 2000 in 741 Argento which was originally delivered to Spain with AC and tinted windows all the way around. I now have another 73 GTV 2000 in 741 Argento in my care that also has the tinted windows. This one does not have (and has never had) AC but it was delivered with an ox blood, snake bite leather interior.
My question for those in the know is, were the tinted windows just an option that could be ordered, were they part of a "luxury" (Lusso) edition or were GTV's with AC delivered with the tinted windows?
Thanks in advance for any information.
Bob

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Yes, as far as I know (in North America) green tinted glass was added for all GTV's with factory equipped AC, for the 2000cc models. I'm sure it was the same for European models.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. That was what I thought too but this GTV has got me wondering because there are no signs that it ever had AC. :unsure:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In europe tinted windows were an option.
Thanks Walter
Would you happen to know if leather interior was also an option?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
yes it was, do not know what model years though. In 1987 I was just too late for a black original dutch delivery 1976 GTV 2000 with tinted windows and crema leather.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes and it is already on the list for the next order as the original has hundreds of scratches that make night driving the equivelent of flying blind.:oops:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I once owned a 73 GTV 2000 in 741 Argento which was originally delivered to Spain with AC and tinted windows all the way around. I now have another 73 GTV 2000 in 741 Argento in my care that also has the tinted windows. This one does not have (and has never had) AC but it was delivered with an ox blood, snake bite leather interior.
My question for those in the know is, were the tinted windows just an option that could be ordered, were they part of a "luxury" (Lusso) edition or were GTV's with AC delivered with the tinted windows?
Thanks in advance for any information.
Bob

View attachment 1683303

Stunning car !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts