Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Were there any Alfa steels wheels that made, that were 15" diameter that will fit a 1978 Spider-2000?

I'd like to find the year and model they were installed on.

I'm looking for a steel wheel that will carry the round hubcaps.

Does anyone know of a vendor in the USA that carries these wheels, if they exist?

I'm going for this look... but with a 15" wheel.
I'd run Pirelli P4's on them in the 185/65R-15 size... almost identical to the original diameter.... I don't want to go very wide.

If I had to... I'd go with a 14" but would like the same info.

Here is an example of the type of hubcaps that I'd like to run.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Stockton wheel and many others can put a 14" center into 15" wheel. Not OEM but it gives you the look you want. There are probably other options I am not aware of. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Just get a set of early rims?
The early GT/GTV and Duetto spiders came with 15" rims and (push)mounted hubcaps similar to the ones pictured.

There are some 15" Saab steel wheels that will fit too, although I don't know if the hubcaps would fit.

Unless I've interpreted your question incorrectly ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for that...

Can you tell me what width the early wheels are?... are they pricey and/or hard to find??

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
wheels

Early 15" wheels used 1967 USA and earlier. Changed to 14" 1969 USA. Becoming harder to find. Cost is going up also. You can expect to pay a premium. Wheel width was 4 1/2". Tire size was 155/15. I think a 185/15 is going to look like a balloon. 165/15 was the standard upgrade.
Cheers, Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts