Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
seeing the Fiat 500 but newspaper car guy lied. It was not there. I have already seen it in Asheville, NC this summer at our Fiat Freak Out convention but was hoping local assigned dealer was getting serious about showing it.

Maybe the 500 display slipped in under the cover of darkness last night. I might go back with some other car guys today.

Anyway only interesting cars (to me) besides the 164 I drove to show was Ford GT40 replica, 1958 and 2010 Ferraris, new Acura TSX Sportwagon and 2012 Ford Focus. I forgot to take pix of TSX though.

I like how my 164B sets now on Eibach springs and rides good with Konis set at one full turn on firmness adjusting knob.

And yes the 58 Ferrari has a small dent in the hood. I think it is a friend of a friend's car who I called to report dent in case it happened at car show. I hope not. I didn't see the dent in it at September car show he last displayed it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Good to see your car on the road. Looks quite different much lower. My LS is getting the standard springs and shocks replacement. I sort of like the rear in the air look [ being polite].

I see you stopped before the curb did any damage to the front lower valence.
I sometimes forget how low these cars are.

One time I cleared the curb then after passengers disembark from the rear seats, the car settled on the curb. I had to find a few passengers for a brief ride in reverse :)

No snow in Virgina,that's good.

·
Premium Member
16,166 Posts
I'm always amazed how some people just drive forward until something hits in parking lots like that. Nonthinkers, they pay such little attention to their driving.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Regarding Multicam's comment about liking the rear in the air, has anyone ever done Koni struts with lowering springs but used the white spacers that come with the rear koni struts? I wonder if that would lower the car overall but keep the rear a little higher than the front keeping that look. I am just bouncing around some ideas because i planning on getting a set of B&G spring to match with my Koni's.

·
Premium Member
27,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding Multicam's comment about liking the rear in the air, has anyone ever done Koni struts with lowering springs but used the white spacers that come with the rear koni struts? I wonder if that would lower the car overall but keep the rear a little higher than the front keeping that look. I am just bouncing around some ideas because i planning on getting a set of B&G spring to match with my Koni's.
Old Blue had the spacers in rear I took them out when I put them in my 164B it leveled out car.

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts