Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a 164. LS.
Engine, "A" pillar interior and seatbelts go to me.

Rear window regulators go to Goats

Its a pretty complete car, black with tan, not biscuit interior. I think they call it tobacco.

Wheels are pretty cool. Will post a pic.

Let me know what you need and how much it is worth to you.

If you don't leave a price with the part, you can assume it will be sent to the scrap yard.

Robert

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far thats two door regulators and handles going straight to scrap because people aren't leaving a price to go along with the part they want.

·
Premium Member
15,845 Posts
Ok, we'll play along. $25 for the driver's door regulator.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Depending on what kind of wheels they are I'll bid once I see a pic.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Being a Newbie I don't know if this is a stupid question or not, I have a '92 S and need the rear bumper tow hook cover, $25.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've owned 4 164s and I've never seen what the fog light bezels look like. They must be the first part to fall off.

Sorry, the 24 V tow hook cover is different than the 12v

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha! Bungie cords will be holding this together as they tow it to the scrap heap.

The plan: I've been writing down parts and prices and who gets them.
This afternoon, the car will be towed to ATD, my mechanics to have the engine removed. Friday and Saturday morning I will remove, photograph and box parts.
Saturday evening it gets sent to the scrap yard. Taking bets on what the metal is worth.

PS, the name on the title: Gregory Michael Smith from Corvallis. He donated the car to Oregon Public Broadcasting. Anybody know him?

Also, god knows whats in the trunk. The little release button under the ignition keyhole does not work
And there is no juice in the battery to use the trunk release button.

I'm fantasizing the trunk is full of Tom Zat tensioners, door handles, tow hook covers, fog light bezels and a full set of factory tools. No Jimmy Hoffa.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
$200-$250 max in scrap. 10 cents a pound or there about.

Is anybody claiming upper suspension mounting hardware, strut housings, spring perches, headlights, side markers...I hope you're getting pm's on that stuff!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lights no one has claimed and within my knowledge base on how to remove. Radiator is available too.

Anything under, call they good people at Attention to Detail and dicker with them. It would be their effort to remove them to sell to you. I adore them and their small business, so if this helps them in anyway, awesome.

·
Premium Member
15,845 Posts
$10 for the inside mirror.

$50 for the a/c pump.

$5 for the gas filler door.

Any idea whether or not the hvac display was repaired by goats? If so, would be a good replacement for one that wasn't. Don't need it myself.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
laughing at the idea that I would know if the display was repaired by goats.

mirror and fuel door will be added to the list. Not sure on the A/C pump. I might need it.

·
Premium Member
15,845 Posts
"laughing at the idea that I would know if the display was repaired by goats"

Why? Goats would most likely know, if he had the serial number from it. Simple to remove and look at. Or, the PO would probably know. Simply a suggestion, would be worth it if it had been repaired.

We ARE trying to help you recover some money from this.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts