Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just got a 1975 Alfa 2000 GTV and come across this forum whilst looking for some advice about upgrading the chassis for racing in historic class events on both track and rally.

First i admit to zero knowledge about Alfa so please excuse the numbnut questions because i dont have much time to prepare the car. Initial plan is to weld in a full roll cage then I found few threads refer to steering box area to early cars, how about later ones? what areas should look at?

Lemon

·
Registered
2,156 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for links the steering box one is most helpful because i found several threads but wasn't clear; Is plating both idler and steering box on both sides of each chassis rail and whether this modification applied all years regardless?

Do people box the chassis rail to body?

The roll cage and seam welding im well versed in although the threads lacks any useful details and talks about stitch welding. Seam welding is a continuous weld without gaps and for things like sill replacements its a legal requirement to have continuous seam weld all along even if it car was not manufactured like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts