Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
A member of my wife's family is from NZ,although they have been living in the Algarve for 20 years.Great people,I think the people from NZ and South Africa have a lot in common,both are friendly and outgoing.Met a couple of Kiwis in the Algarve on holiday and had great barbecues and drinking sessions at our holiday home.Living so far away from South Africa we made a mistake thinking that all English speaking people are like us,bad mistake!My wife and I tend to steer away from the Australians and English, over here we have a lot of ex-pat's.
Some of my South African friends have moved to Australia and some too NZ.The ones from Australia have nothing good to say,unlike NZ.They claim it is like being at "home".
I think you lot must be tired of the large amount of South-Africans immigrating to your country!
I have only recently repaired my Spider.Smashed it into a tree after watching a Super 12 game,a couple of years ago.Lost interest and it stayed in my garage untill I shipped it with me to Portugal.I should have repaired it in SA,the cost in Portugal was 3 times the price!
Best Regards

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yes I we do get on with South Africans-don`t mind them coming over-so long as they`re not the racist ones which fortunately 95% aren`t. Met quite a few through rugby and funnily enough when I played for University Seniors in Wellington (we played in same strip as SA) my locking partner was a SA to ad authenticity perhaps. I thought labour rates in Portugal would be pretty cheap-bad assumption. We still need a few more people over here-just a few and if you like Rugby, Alfas and drinking we need you.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6

·
Registered
93 Posts
New to the BB

Hi all, I eventually found my way here through a host of other sites and the main AlfaBB. Just to confuse matters, I'm an Italian, from the UK now living in South Canterbury:confused:
After a lifetime of wanting to own an Alfa Romeo, I recently acquired a '72 2000GTV.
Although it is a runner, it will need restoring at some point but first I have to complete at least one of my other projects: '69 Fiat 124ac & '75 124cc.

I recall seeing a beautifully restored silver GTV at Levels raceway, Timaru earlier this year, the owner was from further south, Gore or Invergargill I think. I would be interested in contacting him if anyone knows who I mean.
Also, any further info on where a new NZ Alfa owner should start would be appreciated.

A couple of things I need straight away are door check straps/limiters and I have 3 headlamp surrounds, one small and 2 differrent large ones. Anyone have any of these spare by any chance?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi all, I eventually found my way here through a host of other sites and the main AlfaBB. Just to confuse matters, I'm an Italian, from the UK now living in South Canterbury:confused:
After a lifetime of wanting to own an Alfa Romeo, I recently acquired a '72 2000GTV.
Although it is a runner, it will need restoring at some point but first I have to complete at least one of my other projects: '69 Fiat 124ac & '75 124cc.

I recall seeing a beautifully restored silver GTV at Levels raceway, Timaru earlier this year, the owner was from further south, Gore or Invergargill I think. I would be interested in contacting him if anyone knows who I mean.
Also, any further info on where a new NZ Alfa owner should start would be appreciated.

A couple of things I need straight away are door check straps/limiters and I have 3 headlamp surrounds, one small and 2 differrent large ones. Anyone have any of these spare by any chance?
Hey Mate

Welcome to the BB and New Zealand

The two best places to find spare parts for alfas in NZ are www.trademe.co.nz and AROC

Hope this helps

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi People,

Just thought I would post up to say hi and post up a pic of my Alfa. :D
These pics are a about a year old and since have replaced the exhaust and done a few extra mods.
Im always on the look out for parts or even a parts car.
Sorry if the pics are big, hopefully your browser will resize them.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Verlonese, the silver 1750 owner is Ross Bulling, who lives in the outskirts of Invercargill.
I have his contact details if you want to contact him-just send me a private message.
I have found that keeping an eye on Trademe is helpful but the English suppliers EB Spares, Highwood, Classic Alfa , and Alfaholics are excellent. Turin Spares in Australia are good for mechanical and consumerables.
Stravs, I`m jealous of those sheds in the background that look to be on your property. The GTV6 looks a nice clean relatively unmolested example-nice car.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6

41 - 48 of 48 Posts