Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
a1s look so nice on 75's or gtvs if you picked them up in good condition $500 is alright I think . I would have thought they would have been twice that in nz

Are they 15 by 6 1/2 ?

Are talking about the place in Otahuhu ?? if so they are scumbags trying to scam $250 for a second hand headlight :mad:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are they 15 by 6 1/2 ?
15" by 7" I thought, will look once the rain passes.

Are talking about the place in Otahuhu ?? if so they are scumbags trying to scam $250 for a second hand headlight :mad:
Italian Auto in Otahuhu are expensive and seem to do their best to corner the market on 75's. These cars are all 15 years old now and parts should be cheap. They don't seem to think so though! There is a wrecker in Onehunga on a road that runs off Neilson street. They had a 1.8 75 that had been there so long the red paint was worn off the edges and they still wanted $250 for a door.

Parts wise Pickapart has lots of 33's go through but about the only common parts are the front guard small indicators. They had a 1.8 75 a year ago which gave up its radiator and towbar ($10!).

·
Registered
177 Posts
15" by 7" I thought, will look once the rain passes.
Nice did they go straight on without any rubbing issues ?

Italian Auto in Otahuhu are expensive and seem to do their best to corner the market on 75's. These cars are all 15 years old now and parts should be cheap. They don't seem to think so though! There is a wrecker in Onehunga on a road that runs off Neilson street. They had a 1.8 75 that had been there so long the red paint was worn off the edges and they still wanted $250 for a door.

Parts wise Pickapart has lots of 33's go through but about the only common parts are the front guard small indicators. They had a 1.8 75 a year ago which gave up its radiator and towbar ($10!).
Yeah my experiences with them haven't been to good and I don't seem to be the only one , sometimes they are the only place with the part you really need

Score for a radiator and towbar! pickapart was awesome when I was driving around in the fxgt but I have never seen any alfas there unfortunately where did you see the 75 and 33s ?. The one in mangere is suposed to have a decent euro selection though

·
Registered
143 Posts
No rubbing issues with 15 x 7 whatsoever. The offset must have been designed specially for the Alfetta/75 chassis. I run 205/50-15 tyres.

It was Takanini that had the 75 about a year ago. Both the Middlemore mud puddle and takanini often have pre 1990 Alfa 33 rustbuckets. Generally 1.5, I've seen a 1.7 8V as well. You can normally poke a finger through the rusty bodywork on them! :rolleyes:

They now list the cars in the yards on www.pickapart.co.nz

·
Registered
143 Posts
My theory is it is a 1946 Alfa Romeo 6C, but I have been wrong before :p

I went to all three AKL pickaparts on Tuesday and found no Alfas. Did find 2 BMW 5 series, a 1994 4 cyl Volvo, a V6 Audi...

·
Registered
177 Posts
My theory is it is a 1946 Alfa Romeo 6C, but I have been wrong before :p

I went to all three AKL pickaparts on Tuesday and found no Alfas. Did find 2 BMW 5 series, a 1994 4 cyl Volvo, a V6 Audi...
You must have been gutted going to pickapart and not bringing home the 6c :D

Nick...

I see your Alfa is in drydock at the moment
There are some issues in the boiler room at the moment which need to be tended to :(

You see the pool game this morning :(:(:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I watched the first 5 mins and it looked promising then when I looked it up at work I got a nasty surprise

Lets hope the abs can do better this weekend

·
Registered
177 Posts
I didn't want to bring it up since your boys are about to be knocked out from another international competition without making the semis :p

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Wait to the Super 14-SA sides in for a whipping, especially against the Crusaders. On the basis we`ll end up feeling sorry for you you can come onto our playground.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wait to the Super 14-SA sides in for a whipping, especially against the Crusaders. On the basis we`ll end up feeling sorry for you you can come onto our playground.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6
:D:D:D You sound like an Australian now!:D Whenever we lose we still hold our heads up high,never looking for excuses or sour-grapes.We have a lot of political intervention in our Super 14 teams,never hear us complaining about that.
ps.Winning the Super 14 is nothing compared to winning the World Cup.:p
The Bulls should do well this season.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
What`s this "sounding like an Aussie"-that`s tantamount to saying my Alfa looks like a Toyota. Good to have you aboard. I`m intrigued though-a South African living in Portugal? Do you see many old Alfas there, or any old cars for that matter? Was that your Spider in that workshop?

Regards
Richard J

·
Registered
225 Posts
What`s this "sounding like an Aussie"-that`s tantamount to saying my Alfa looks like a Toyota. Good to have you aboard. I`m intrigued though-a South African living in Portugal? Do you see many old Alfas there, or any old cars for that matter? Was that your Spider in that workshop?

Regards
Richard J

Sorry man,just teazing.I know the Kiwis don't like to be compared to the Australians,don't blame you!Have been living here since last year,had to leave SA(politics unbearable).Yes that is my Spider,had some major frontal repairs recently done after an accident.
You won't believe the amount of classic Alfas here in Portugal.Mine is the only 2000 Right-Hand drive here.'60 juniors are plenty.Most of the Alfas are in excellent condition,because the MOT is very strict.The authorities frown on a slight oil leak,common on classic Alfas.
Modifications are a no-no,even the tyres has to be factory spec.
I brought my Spider with from South Africa and running aftermarket Momo-Vegas with 185/60 tyres.I still have to get a letter from Alfa SA that confirms 185/60's are standard!...........Could be a problem.

Wish me luck!

I see you have quite a collection of classics,lucky man!
What's the weather like there?Is it Alfa friendly?
Are Alfas common there?
Where do you get your parts from?
I heard the drives there are very scenic.

Best Regards
Garry

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Where I live roads are great for Alfa driving- with a great variety of theme from long flat straights on the Plains to Mountain Passes in the Southern Alps (about an hour away). Because of our small population no motorways and all 2 lane roads, relatively unpopulated BUT speeding here is policed strictly-you get treated better, I feel if you were a child molester-so you do have to watch it, however in the South Island in reality there aren`t too many traffic patrol units.
Weather is described as temperate-up to about 35 deg C in summer often but more frequently low to mid 20`s C. We are dry with 25 inch rainfall so doesn`t rain that often and mainly in winter. Winters aren`t that cold in that although have frosts often in mid winter temps around 10-15 deg C and sunny so cheery and more importantly can use my Alfas in winter-in frosts they put grit, not salt on roads and ice disappears 10amish anyway from most areas.
Very car orientated in Christchurch with a good range of skilled people to call on-the car capital of NZ.
Yes I have quite a collection (I have 3 modern day to day cars too- 2 Mercedes & BMW) but all my Alfas despite being tidy from 5 metres require work of some type to bring them up to a std I want -I am away frequently with work, and having a mortal`s budget so lack of time and money delay the restoration process but at least they get better,not worse under my ownership.
Have you considered NZ to live?

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts