Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good stuff!

Here is my 75 TS is its shiny glory. This photo is from 1992 and was given to me by a previous owner. Lets just say it is not so tidy now!

I had a big end failure so I have fully reconditioned the engine (new valve guides, balanced, rings and bearings etc). I painted the engine bay and removed all of the rust (the result of poor rust protection when a front 1/4 was welded in). Also reconditioned the gearbox.

In process of getting AC going (just been quoted $250 to strip and clean the pump) and chasing **** coolant leaks around the engine bay (old hoses not sealing well).

Richard

·
Registered
177 Posts
Awesome result for kiwis on the forum

Maybe if we can get a few more alfa guys from the club to surf the forum and try and make the nz section at least half as active as the aussie section . There must be a pretty decent online alfa contingent with the trofeo video site and arocnz.org.nz

Has anyone been to look at the rare alfa 90 thats on www.te.co.nz (url link is a mother)

Its just down the road from my house but not sure about how much trouble it could be ??

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Alfa 6 and Alfa 90 are interesting models given their rarity. My concern would be some bugger smashing a headlight and not being able to get parts.

Which did Hadlee win? It was on Trademe a few years back.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I can't remember what it was but I remember him talking about it in a interview ages ago , do you know how much it went for ?

It was 84ish-86ish he won it so it would have been a 33 or alfetta maybe ?

What a legend ,stuff labour and national lets start a campaign .......... Hadllee for PM 2008

·
Registered
143 Posts
Definately Hadlee for PM, better than that strange bloke that is PM now...

I'm sure it was a V6 Alfa 90 (which according to wiki came out in '84). Can't remember what it sold for but not a lot. Google can't find the reference, I guess cricket fans aren't interested in such details :rolleyes:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a V6 Alfa 90!...

I can understand his reluctance to pass it of to "team funds" because it was an Alfa but the cricket fan in me still says it was pretty poor form! :p

·
Registered
177 Posts
It was a V6 Alfa 90!...

I can understand his reluctance to pass it of to "team funds" because it was an Alfa but the cricket fan in me still says it was pretty poor form! :p
If memory serves me correctly he actually gave up the first car he won for team funds but decided to keep the car second time around

arrrgg .... speaking of cricket anyone watch the game this morning :( well at least the aussies are out as well :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello, hello...
There must be more than a handful of kiwi's to get our own forum.
Now we have it, what are we going to do with it?
Ian
1750 GTV's

·
Registered
143 Posts
Unfortunately the people I know that are rebuilding spiders and the like are, lets say, older gentleman not so interested in the internet. Also better known as old farts... :)

Maybe I have too much time to read crap on the net.

There are strong NZ based chatrooms for the Japanese cars I have and they are a balance or absolute rubbish and gems of knowledge. I know that knowledge is in NZ for Alfas but I guess it is largely spread in a different demographic area?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another Kiwi

Hi guys
Im down here in Christchurch, used to work on a lot of Alfa's in a business I had in Dunno's, building a F3 car powered by Alfa twin cam, long term project, and was interested in building a smallish Type 33 style car useing a 1.7 33 engine and gearbox, I saw one in the UK years ago, but have not been able to get much info about them, they where kit cars? but nobody here had heard of them.
Roger

·
Registered
177 Posts
For more info on my automotive 'history' my website is:

http://gtfour.supras.org.nz/

I haven't updated it for a veeeery long time however. Probably cause I can't remember my ftp password! :mad:
Did I read correctly on your web site that you have a1's on your car ??

If you don't mind me asking where did you source them from ?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hi Richard...

I missed the reference to Ronals on your website (well spotted Nick)...If your car is shod with A1's you must have been the one I spotted parked on Broadway earlier this year?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes I have the same ones as the black car. Brain fade caused me to forget their name. Got them 5 years ago at the euro (ripoff) wrecker in Onehunga. Asked if they had any alloys for a 75 and they dug them out of a pile. Bought them on the spot despite the $500 cost! I declined the $250 they wanted for a door...

Broadway was possibly me.

Here she is without being washed in crap light conditions and with bird crap running down the side. 10 points for whoever can pick the most faults in the bodywork!

ratty.JPG

1 - 20 of 48 Posts