Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to new AROC-WI members Spencer Faikel and Xavier Meisinger! Hope to see you at our May 3 New Glarus Hillclimb!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I Enjoyed Talking with Spencer at the Dinner.

It's great to see someone so young interested in Alfas. I hope to see him again at future events.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey! This is Spencer. Thank you all, I most certainly had fun meeting all of you at the dinner. I am very much looking forward to the hill climb and many more events.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hey! This is Spencer. Thank you all, I most certainly had fun meeting all of you at the dinner. I am very much looking forward to the hill climb and many more events.
And, how old are you? I joined the AROC with my allowance money when I was 14- did you beat my "record" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
109 Posts
haha, well sadly not. I'm 17. I was 16 when I bought my alfa though.. ;)

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
When I was 16, All I read was "Hot Rod"

Spencer,

How did you get interested in Alfas at such a young age? Most of us, I'm sure, remember them from our youth, but you were barely born when the last Alfa's were imported. (Well, I guess you were 5 and knew that Alfa's were cool cars)! Almost everyone I have seen that is your age is interested in "ricers" with turbo engines or nitros, fancy body kits, etc.

I really enjoyed talking to you and your girlfriend at the dinner! And I'm looking forward to seeing you at future events. I may bring the 164 to the hillclimb, even if I can't run it. I've been to Pike's Peak and it's like a throwback to the 50's. "Do what you want, just don't get hit by the cars!"

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Spencer! Forgot to Ask. Are you Going to the Convetion?

I'm sure you'll raise a lot of interest, because the club is getting older than the cars! It's close, and the next one is out west (Portland). So you could drive your Spider and fit right in. (Even down to your hat!) It may not be an opportunity that comes up in the near future, and I'm sure the "Nationals" would be interested in hearing your story and showing your car. After all, the last national magazine had a big spread on the "future" generation, that is less than 8 years old. But you are really the "future" of this club on both a regional and national level.

Hope to see you there at least for some of the events. I'll be there with my 164 and I know that a lot of the other Wisconsin chapter members will also be in attendance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well well well.....

ha ha, well Tom, my father always wanted an Alfa spider and was about to buy one in '88 (from Reina actually) but then he found out my older sister was on the way. He finally made his dream come true a few years ago and bought a metallic blue veloce, early eighties it must have been, with about 50,000 original miles. A very nice car. He ended up selling it about a year later to someone in Canada :( . But I guess you could say it all stemmed from my father in that way. That and the fact that we always go to Road America together so we always see them there. And hey, who can disagree with the class of an Alfa? ;)

I must say the dinner was very enjoyable. I was a little worried because I'm pretty shy and didn't know what it'd be like but I must say everyone was very friendly and we both had an amazing time.

I will most certainly be going to the convention on Thursday, I haven't decided if I'll be going back any other day, but maybe Friday. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to take off and stay in a hotel. We'll see... My plans are far from set, but I am very excited to take advantage of the fact that it will be in Chicago..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Spencer, do you have any photos of your car to post here?
Hmmm don't know how I missed this, sorry Mr. Hall ;).. Sadly not many now. I used to but I lost them in a computer change... this will have to do... It's just a snap while at Road America.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Nice car! You should also consider coming to the Concours on Saturday, oh..., don't forget to enter your car.;)

BTW: there are a bunch of crazy Alfa guys your age here in the Chicago area. My son (Giuseppe) is 20 and he'll be driving my 1750 GTV, Mike Besic's son (Mike Jr.) isn't much older than my son and he owns a nive GTV6, there will be many others in your age group. This will be a great opportunity to meet a lot of nutty Alfisti.

Carm

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Spencer, Glad to See You're Going to the Convention

This will also be my first one, despite having an Alfa since the mid-70's. I can't even remember when I was 17. But I'm glad you're going. Hopefully, we can hook up somewhere along the way, and I can buy you a "coke?" We're planning on driving down Wednesday night and staying until Sunday morning.

Should be fun. It would only be better if I had two cars to take, but it's not going to happen, so I'll enjoy proving to everyone that a 164 is really a good handling ALFA!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Carm, thank you very much! I am looking forward to meeting your son. :) I actually met you very briefly at the Alfa event at Road America last year and remember your GT very well. I actually have a few pics of you entering the carousel in it :eek:

I'm deciding that it's going to be impossible for me to resist going down for more than one day. My main situation is getting my parents to be ok with me taking my girlfriend to a hotel for a few days, haha. We'll see what becomes of it. If worst comes to worst I'm sure I could take a scenic route to Chicago and back three times, right? :)

Tom, I am most certain that we will meet up and exchange a coke and many conversations at the convention, thank you for the offer! I can't wait to see your 164 and hear how the Duettos are coming along ;)

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
I just got a email from someone who would like to join the club and participate in the "New Glarus Hillclimb". Who or where should I forward his information to?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts