Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hvae a new oil leak...it is leaking and pooling on top of the near side motor mount. It appears to be oozing from around the stud towards the front of the mount and then running down the steel portion of the mount. I dont think the stud intersects any oil feeds in the block. it is not running down from the head gasket or cam cover---all the area above the mount is bone dry.

anyone else exzperience a leak similar to this?

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
A leaking oil pressure switch comes to mind.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Depends on what 'near side' means......
Usually the Brits use this to refer to driver or right side, so oil sender is possible.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
near side...yes driver's side; however, it is a NA spec spider i.e. lhd so the left side of the block if sitting in the driver seat facing forward...the sender is above the mount at about 10 o'clock--perhaps that is it and it is "blowing" back onto the mount..I will check into the sender and see. thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
Oil pressure SWITCH is on the left side. The oil pressure SENDER is on the right.

FWIW, I was taught that the near side is the left side.

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
Assuming that there are no right hand drive vehicles on the planet, yes. ;)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For clarification, the leak is on the "exhaust side" of the block--the sender that may be suspect is the oil pressure idiot light sender.

·
Super Moderator
11,892 Posts
I think the "near-side" thing goes back to an olde equine traveler. You get astride your noble steed from the steeds left side, his "near-side". The reason is that your sword and scabbard are on your left hip, so you may draw your weapon with your right hand.
The noble steeds "exhaust side" in in a different direction entirely. We need not get into that.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
All I've ever seen is front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, or 4 wheel drive myself, this whole 'left/right' thing is new to me.

(I don't count 'all wheel drive', because it isn't and doesn't :))
Aw cmon, Dar (slapping left thigh hard with left hand), you know just about everything re cars, and not the lefty right thing?? LOL

OK: left /right is with respect to the driver SITTING in the car........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts