Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my S3’s sills and started pulling some of the rust out and came across this weird material between the middle and inner sill (pic attached). It almost looks like the loose insulation you put in your attic. Any idea what this is? Is this factory or did the previous owner add this? And what would be the reason for adding it? Thank you!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,018 Posts
Mouse nest?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Mouse nest?
Very likely yes....and not something to hold too close to your nose either. Rodent feces can harbor very dangerous microbes and/or viruses. My Montreal project was infested with mouse droppings and urine from improper storage practices. The rockers or any other structural member of the chassis would not have loose material installed in these cavities for obvious reasons....moisture traps that would cause corrosion.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Definitely mouse nest debr

·
Registered
259 Posts
There are drain hoses that empty into the rocker panels (probably not Alfa's greatest design achievement) that drain water from below where the soft top attaches to the back of the body. Perhaps there is mouse debris up there which is being drained down into the rockers? Not likely, but something to check out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are drain hoses that empty into the rocker panels (probably not Alfa's greatest design achievement) that drain water from below where the soft top attaches to the back of the body. Perhaps there is mouse debris up there which is being drained down into the rockers? Not likely, but something to check out.
I will definitely check it out thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts