Alfa Romeo Forums banner

221 - 225 of 225 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
Ed can probably answer that better than I can.
Plans are a foot to install my little netbook computer in Richard's race car then we can log straight from the ZT2. The only doubt is to whether the tach signal from his Crane box will drive both the ZT2 and his tachometer without a signal booster.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
If the signal change is linear then you could enter the hot rod version of the cosmological constant and multiply that by the rpm and get the actual rpm. That is assuming the tach or that channel can be calibrated with the software. I would expect so.

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
Typically what happens with an overloaded tach signal is that both readouts work accurately up to a certain rpm then one or both of them completely drop out. No algorithm can compensate for that.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
I see said the blind man. I guess a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then as well. I'm happy with the 140 main jets. I went back to the 50f8 idle jets after trying the 55s. It just idles better and no stumble at zero vacuum when moseying along the lake road in 4 gear @ 1900 rpm up and down the small hills. Wakes up pretty good too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
:smile2:Much better. What rpm are you at the left when the AFR is a little under 12 and what rpm for the lean peak?

221 - 225 of 225 Posts