Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I would like to ask what is the best setup in your opinion, jet, etc. sizes for a weber dcd 28/36 for a normal 1300 101 giulietta sprint.

Thank you in advance,

Theodore

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I'm interested in what settings have been used for this carb. on a 1300 too.There's a worthwhile look at a Weber 28/36DCD basic rebuild using the Alfa 1300/Weber 36DCD settings.(Giuliettas Weber 28/36DCD rebuild,part13) Long story short,didn't work out and returned to the Solex. In fairness,I have a service manual for the Weber 28/36DCD,and many factory tools and procedures are used to return one back to factory spec..But,Weber does sell rebuild kits without tools,right? All that aside,here are a couple of scans out of John Passinis' 1968 book:(Weber carburetors,#1,theory)showing factory settings for this carb. when fitted to different displacement engines,both 4-6cyl..Notice no 28/36 settings for either Alfa 1300/1600,only 36DCD? I hope someone chimes in on this..

Attachments

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
When all said and done, the best results are from trial and error.. All engines are unique and the other most influential factor is atmospheric conditions...i.e altitude of operation. I recommend you consult the good Weber manuals, Jim K's book, and Braden's books to learn how changing jetting can effect performance. Pierce Manifold and Pegasus should have some handy info they can provide as primers too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weber dcd 28/36 setup

When all said and done, the best results are from trial and error.. All engines are unique and the other most influential factor is atmospheric conditions...i.e altitude of operation. I recommend you consult the good Weber manuals, Jim K's book, and Braden's books to learn how changing jetting can effect performance. Pierce Manifold and Pegasus should have some handy info they can provide as primers too.
After a short talk with Jim K the current setup for dcd 28/36 is:

Choke 24/25
Main 140/150
Air Corr. 200/180
E.tube F30/F30
Pump .70
Idle .50/.60

After adding some kms we will make the final adjustments.

Thank you all for your help.

Theodore

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine runs

Primary: 25mm choke, 135 main, 190 air correction F30 emulsion tube
Secondary: 25 mm choke, 140 main, 180 air correction, f30 tube

45 idle jets, 60 pump jet

It runs well like that. The engine is the original 101 head bolted to a 105 1300cc block. To some extent it’s trial and error. The set up my car arrived with 27mm chokes was the error version.

Jonathan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine runs

Primary: 25mm choke, 135 main, 190 air correction F30 emulsion tube
Secondary: 25 mm choke, 140 main, 180 air correction, f30 tube

45 idle jets, 60 pump jet

It runs well like that. The engine is the original 101 head bolted to a 105 1300cc block. To some extent it’s trial and error. The set up my car arrived with 27mm chokes was the error version.

Jonathan
Hello Jonathan,

Are both your idle jets 45?

Theodore

1 - 8 of 8 Posts