Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any recommendations for 40mm Weber Carb setups for a warm street engine? I would like to try 34mm chokes and need some ideas on how to set the other jets up to match.

Does anybody have 34mm venturis?

thanks

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts
A good starting point would be standard factory setup for 32mm venturis but increase the main jet size by 10. That should get you in the ballpark.
Ed Prytherch
74 GTV
79 Spider
88 Verde

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A good starting point would be standard factory setup for 32mm venturis but increase the main jet size by 10. That should get you in the ballpark.
Ed Prytherch
74 GTV
79 Spider
88 Verde
Thanks Ed. I have 32mm venturis now, but want to go to 34s. The engine is a 2L with 9.8:1 CR and 10.4mm cams. So I think 34s would be help it breath a little better up top. But I am definitely interested in hearing suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Ed. I have 32mm venturis now, but want to go to 34s. The engine is a 2L with 9.8:1 CR and 10.4mm cams. So I think 34s would be help it breath a little better up top. But I am definitely interested in hearing suggestions.

Thanks
By replacing the venturis with34,You could change the mainjets to 135,all the rest can pretty much stay
the same.
I did the same whith a pair of dellorto's.

Greetings

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts
I have 34 venturis on both of my 2L cars. I have 145 mains in both of them and they are definitely not running rich. The plugs are a light tan color and I get on average 25 mpg. I had 29 mpg on a 150 mile interstate run at 80 mph on Saturday. I have 10:1 pistons and 10.9 mm CB47 cams in both motors.
Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts