Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently restoring a 1970 type2 1750 gtv, the car was bought as a part finished project. It has a Webasto sunroof which was not installed at the time of buying.
I now need to install the sunroof, headlining and trim the inside of the sunroof. I have identified a car trimmer to do the work.
Although I have found a couple of photographs of cars with Webasto roofs, I was hoping someone could post some more detailed pictures. Particularly of the interior, open and closed.
I have attached a few photos of my project, it has taken two years upto present but last night I drove it for the first time. A great moment!!

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
I went through an (unconsumated) Webasto obsession a few years back. If this is helpful, there is a firm in London which still makes complete Webasto style roofs and spare parts, called Tudor Coachworks. Hopefully they are still in business. John

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Have one on my GTV-6, very nice fit. Very quiet when open, no wind noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I have had a look at R&S coachbuilts website. They have a detailed installation instruction, so I am going to have a go myself. They can supply all the spares I require.
I will let you know how I go!
I think Tudor Coachworks are one of the companies they recommend for installation.
The car is my friends Austin Healey 100/6 which he rebuilt about 30 years ago.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a Webasto sunroof in my 2000 GTV, and it's great. I had it overhauled by someone who worked on them 'back in the day', and he sourced parts from Tudor Webasto Sunroofs supplied and spares worldwide
They must add a scary amount of weight to the car though - a huge timber frame around the inside of the roof, then there are steel multi-strand cables, nails, you name it.
But, when it's all put together (with a new roof-lining) they work very well.
I think he put a layer of putty (eg DumDum, never silicone!) under the frame - there's also a gasket I remember seeing - and you should grease the runners.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I have ordered some parts from Tudor Webasto. Do you have pictures of the interior with the roof open and closed? It would be a great help to get the trimming right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts