Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on a 750 Giulietta Spider and spent some time struggling with the weather stripping. My challenge has been that the rubber is too stiff and too thick and once installed the doors won't shut correctly. Tried adjusting the doors and would not work either. Can anyone who has gone through this experience share some wisdom?

Thanks in advance.

Lionel

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
wish I could help but I feel your pain.
Some years ago I ran into a similar problem but it wasn't with the doors in this case, it was the trunk seal and windshield gaskets. The trunk I just lived with and it eventually compressed enough where it worked. For the windshield gaskets I bought from another vendor and the material was like night a day different. hard and stiff vs. soft and pliable.

I also ran into the door gasket problem with my Super. Never tried to find an alternative.

Good Luck Lionel

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
When I did a TI back in the early nineties I found the felt covered "U' channel with attached rubber bulb/seal for old British cars such as Austin-Healey was the correct size and flexibility, allowing the doors to close properly. Unfortunately most suppliers now have this with plastic "U" channel, I've found the original style metal "U" channel works better

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
spent some time struggling with the weather stripping. My challenge has been that the rubber is too stiff and too thick and once installed the doors won't shut correctly.
Thanks in advance.

Lionel
I´m experiencing exactly the same with the new door rubbers on my Sprint, so any comments would be welcome even there (hope you don´t mind Lionel?).

Dennis

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I´m experiencing exactly the same with the new door rubbers on my Sprint, so any comments would be welcome even there (hope you don´t mind Lionel?).

Dennis
Denis,

Not at all. I am also working on putting together two Sprints and my SS and based on discussions with others I expect the same problem. I called Cicognani and discussed the issues and they indicated the they revised the mold a couple of years ago for the Sprint by making a thinner version.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I don't know what Cicognani used as a pattern for the 750 Spider trunk seal, but it's not the same as original. Too thick, and the wrong profile. Why can't they get this one right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts