Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there

I'm in the process of converting my stock carbed setup over to EFI. I already have Ignition running, now i need to prepare for injection. For that I would like to install a water temp sensor close to the thermostat. I don't want to mess with the gauge sensor. So messing with that is not really an option.

Does anyone know what threadsize the air-bleed screw/bolt has?
If I missed any other oppurtinity to install a sensor, please let me know. :)

Thanks,
Alessandro

·
Richard Jemison
7,990 Posts
The air bleed is a very useful device. I wouldn`t remove it. Just drill and tap one of the other casting plugs located on the head surface between the plugs. As was done for the gauge sensor.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The air bleed is a very useful device. I wouldn`t remove it. Just drill and tap one of the other casting plugs located on the head surface between the plugs. As was done for the gauge sensor.
I wouldnt replace it either but just give it double use. also thought about drilling but with the engine in the car i'm a bit reluctant because of the debris that it might cause.

·
Richard Jemison
7,990 Posts
Lower the water level below the head. Remove the allen socket plug and drill it, When I did the 5 coolent hoses for the race car I filled them with original JB weld and let it cute 48 hours then drilled and tapped them for the AN fittings. See pic: on my thread on the Pinninfarina Coupe race motor at post 380 and 386 :
Link; Spider improvement effort

1 - 4 of 4 Posts