Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
We do it in our race cars, allows us to keep water circulating to cool engine off after a race while she is standing in the pits.

·
Registered
468 Posts
We do it in our race cars, allows us to keep water circulating to cool engine off after a race while she is standing in the pits.
HOW ????

Happy Easter to all !
Hannelore + Dirk

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Remove the impeller from the water pump, benefit of electric pump is that you don't get cavitation at high rpm. Pump is installed in the water line.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems obvious to me that the water pump will be circulating a lot of water at high revs - for example driving down the highway when you have a lot of ram air over the radiator and don't need max. cooling. It also seems obvious that low water volume circulation will occur at low revs - for example sitting in traffic on a hot day when max. cooling is needed. Add to this the location of the water pump in a Montreal - requiring engine removal for replacement - it seems a no-brainer to me that an electric pump is the way to go. What do you think?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ahh, now I remember, this is the same pump what Manfred Kopp made many years ago here in Germany.

Text in english and german - click left on Montreal and > Wasserpumpen kit > scroll down:

www.autodelta.de

is it same ? :balloon:

Hannelore

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hmmm... I am not sure, Gabor. The offer is still on Manfred's page, he is still doing his job + club engagement, he drives many years a Montreal and they have a GTV8 also he was on int. Montreal Meeting last year... How old could it be? Just ask him further details.
Bye from frosty center of Germany
Hannelore

1 - 9 of 9 Posts