Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hack-sawed the longest stud as I thought finding a replacement would be easy.
Hah!
Anyone know where to source a M6 x 1.0 x 60mm (approx) stud?

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Just replace it with a bolt. Makes the future removal that much easier.
+1

I replaced both of the bottom studs, 5 and 7 o'clock with bolts.

Good luck,

Vin

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are the obviously easy ones. I'm talking about the one long stud on passenger side of pump. You can't fit a long enough bolt in hole due to pump pulley so I'll have to put another stud in hole.
I have bolts already for other three lower holes. The top four studs remain untouched.

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Pity you hacksawed it off, you didn't need to:(

I take it, you mean the long stud shown on this photo (courtesy of Chill on alfabb) ?

M6 x 1.0 with a length of 60 mm is difficult (you sure it is 60mm long? the other studs are M6x1.0x35), and it all depends on the length of the shoulder (the smooth bit on the stud)
Te Co do a 65mm long stud with 20mm length grooves at either end, meaning the shoulder is quite long, at 25mm (TE.CO Part# 60202) - meaning that 45mm of stud/shoulder stick out the front casing.....don't know if that might work?

What is the shoulder length on yours?
Worst comes to the worst you could get a long 6 x 1.0 threaded bolt, screw it in with locktight then cut off the rest to length and pretend it is a stud....? But you run the risk of tightening it through the front casing if it hasn't got a shoulder.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

I think the original length from Alfa was 55mm.
You need to look at it more closely.
The hole through the pump alone is 35MM. Add 10MM to each end for the hole and exposed threads and you come up with 55MM minimum. Just think of an inch being 25MM (25.4MM to be exact).

I did find 60MM studs on-line which I have already ordered. As a last resort, I could find a M6 x 1.0 threaded fastener that was long enough, cut it to length, and then dress the threads with a small file.

However, I'm gonna wait for the studs....

Attachments

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
"Pointe Products" do one 57.5 mm (M6 x 1.0 x 57.5) that has 7.5 mm thread on one end and 18 mm on the other (meaning the shoulder is 32.5mm), in case the one you ordered does not quite work.
Part 15873-P (pack of 10 at 6$)
Let us know if it works, as we will all be needing one sometime in the future!
Nice cars, who gets the garage?:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts