Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the fan symmetrical and can easily be installed either direction, what is the correct orientation?

I believe it is with the interior curve of the blade facing the engine but I've found no specific info to verify. As most of our cars have been through water pumps etc., looking at pictures or other cars is not necessarily an accurate way to verify.

Anybody have a take on this? Any 'stock' pictures?

My take..
fan
_______ _
l ) l l <---air flow
Engine ]-l l l radiator
_______ l ) l_l <---air flow

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My little stick picture agreed with you...you just can't tell after I posted it! It looked great when I was editing....

Thanks for the clarification.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Wow, I thought that was part of your signature! LOL

Hey, here's an easy way to remember:

1) Put a dot of tape on one side of the fan.

2) hold it in your right hand horizontally with the dot side up by one of the fins

3) wing it like a frisbee

If it goes up in the air with the dot up, put the dot to the radiator.
If it goes down into the dirt with the dot up, put the dot to the engine.

Seriously, it works every time :D

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Then it's a boomerang, and still needs to be throw right handed to get it to arc back to ya :)

Stupid triviabit:

A boomerang can't fly correctly when thrown left handed, unless it's deliberately made lefthanded. (ie: throwing a 'regular' one with the left hand won't work)

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Allow me to rephrase;
When one throws a Frisbee underhanded with the right hand, it spins clockwise. When it is thrown overhand, it spins anticlockwise.
So I repeat the question.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Ah, I get it.

Underhand (well, technically cross body) in the conventional sense of frisbee throwing, not that artsy fingerflip stuff :) (though being able to tip one while it's whistling through the air at your head could be cool.....)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts