Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 sets of the two hoses that go to an early 164 water pump that connects the water pump to the block, that are NOS. Are they the same hoses that fit a 1994-1995 water pump?

Where do you get the crush clamps for the coolant hoses? I would like to replace my hoses and keep the stock crush clamps if they can be found.

·
Premium Member
26,901 Posts
Yes the short hoses from mid-thermostat housing to heads are the same for 12v and 24v 164 engines.
Now are "crush clamps" you speak the original spring loaded clamps? If so, they are reusable unless corroded.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good information, thank you.
As to the clamps I was thinking of part #17 & #18

Also part #2 for the larger hoses. My clamps have a yellow cap on top.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I will certainly update the clamps, hoses, and sources for them. I heard the midline hose on the output side of the radiator is NLA (#8). Now to find someone that knows where to get that hose. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am doing the timing belt on my 1991 164L. Needing to remove all hoses I saw that #13&14 have a lot of age. I see Steve gas listed part numbers, but I'm having trouble finding them. Does coolant hose of the right size cut to length work?

·
Premium Member
26,901 Posts
Item 14 is a stepped hose (rear head/right) on 164s both 12v and 24v and Milano Verde 3.0L . Item 13 is not stepped hose and is the same on 2.5L GTV6, Milano for both sides 13&14 and front item 13 on 164 V6 engines.
I would think all our regular Alfa parts suppliers would have those hoses. If need be you could take hoses to any auto parts store and match up ID size and even something with a step in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts