Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been raining for a month straight now, and after a week of standstill in the downpour, the driver's side footwell carpet was soaking wet under the top mat. The top mat has a plastic underside and was dry. No other place was wet.

It's a 1991 TS without A/C. 265.000 km/ 164.000 miles.

I've tried to locate the leak but it's raining all the time. Since it's my daily driver (except for that one week), I don't have the time to let it dry up in a (non-existing) garage either.

Anyone know where the usual suspects are with regard to rain leaking in? The drain holes behind the false firewall seems to be working ok.

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
It's been raining for a month straight now, and after a week of standstill in the downpour, the driver's side footwell carpet was soaking wet under the top mat. The top mat has a plastic underside and was dry. No other place was wet.

It's a 1991 TS without A/C. 265.000 km/ 164.000 miles.

I've tried to locate the leak but it's raining all the time. Since it's my daily driver (except for that one week), I don't have the time to let it dry up in a (non-existing) garage either.

Anyone know where the usual suspects are with regard to rain leaking in? The drain holes behind the false firewall seems to be working ok.

Sunroof model check clogged or cracked/disconnected front sunroof drain tube under A pillar molding? Non sun roof model check windshield opening for rusted through area top of windshield under trim molding.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hi,

I had the same problem on my '95 series 2 - it was simply blocked front drain holes from the sunroof. These drain into the well behind the false firewall, at the back of the bonnet. They are fitted with rubber caps designed to stop leaves and rubbish getting into the drain pipe but these caps can get blocked. Just pulled mine off, poked them through and opened them out a bit. Job took less than 5 mins and problem totallyt cured.

Hope that helps.

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts