Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DC area Alfa Spider owners. Looks like I will be moving to the DC area soon and would like to know if anyone has any good suggestions for an Alfa Romeo Spider mechanic.

Appreciate your help in advance. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Alfa Mechanic in Washingtn DC Area

Sorry for the Delay in responding to your inquiry. I bought an '85 Spider at Watkins Glen, NY in 2005 when the Glen was celebrating the year of the Alfa.
I had it worked on by Julio Matos, of Milano Motors in Kensington, Maryland. Since you are new to DC, it is in the near Maryland suburbs, just outside the Beltway (I-495) not too far off of Rockville Pike, which is a extention of Wisconsin Avenue when you travel outside the beltway. ( Ask someone who is familiar with DC about inside and outside the beltway, you'll get used to it)
He did quality work with genuine Alfa parts at a price that I found fair although you may think a little high (everything is more expensive in Washington). I am completely satisfied with his work. I do know that he does a lot of work for Alfa Club members. His shop is located at 4221 Howard St. In the rear, a little hard to find at first, Kensington, Md. 20895. His phone number is 301-564-1099. I have purchased parts from DiFatta Bros, they are in the heart of Baltimore and are great guys, you will love either of the two shops. I suggest the you get involved with the local Alfa club, the President's name is Harlan Hadley and Brewster Thackery is a member and a current National Officer. You are lucky you are moving to an area where you can get a lot of great help.
Give all these men my regards and mention my name.
Ray Kiszley
Brown Summit, North Carolina

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes, Julio at Milano Motors seems great, and honest--he talked me out of a few things that either didn't really need to be done or could be fixed more cheaply. He will also warn you of anything unexpected before proceeding. I had a fair amoutn of work done by him a month or so ago after getting my 78 and I was very pleased.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'll definitely check-out both and looking forward to taking my Spider for a drive in the D.C. and getting familiar with the area. Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts