Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
i am looking to paint my car similar to this livery. Found these on the net.
Was this a real race car of the period? if so does any body have picture of the real car?
best regards
tenn

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Premio ciudad de alcañiz, 1970

Jolly Club Alfa-Corcho.jpg

Hello Tennster,

Here is a picture of Rafael Barrios in the car during the Premio Ciudad de Alcaniz. In 1971, Rafael Barrios was first in class and first overall. I do not know what his result was in 1970. To answer your question; yes this was a real racecar.
This is the site where the info came from: FOTOS ASOCIACIÓN DE VETERANOS ARAGONESES DEL MOTOR
And also have a look at the slotcar forum at: FLY Alfa Romeo GTA - SlotForum where the second picture came from.

Ciao, Olaf

Attachments

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
View attachment 212628

Hello Tennster,

Here is a picture of Rafael Barrios in the car during the Premio Ciudad de Alcaniz. In 1971, Rafael Barrios was first in class and first overall. I do not know what his result was in 1970. To answer your question; yes this was a real racecar.
This is the site where the info came from: FOTOS ASOCIACIÓN DE VETERANOS ARAGONESES DEL MOTOR
And also have a look at the slotcar forum at: FLY Alfa Romeo GTA - SlotForum where the second picture came from.

Ciao, Olaf

Hi, 2 more pictures from first site.

And a Translation of sorts from Bablefishe.

"It was seen come the tragedy, It was seen come the tragedy, In the end, it finished against the wall, It finished destroyed, with the tuna that was, Alfa Romeo GTAm of R. BARRIOS"

Did it get fixed?

Ciao

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! always amaze at the knowledge on this board.
I will post progress of my car here. The work have begin.
cheers
tenn

·
Registered
46 Posts
View attachment 212628

Hello Tennster,

Ciao, Olaf

Olaf,

Thx for very interesting info. Would you know if this car had other specifications - being a rally car - compared to the trackrace GTAms, i.e. engine, driveline, gear ratios? Does it still exist? Were there other GTAms that had a "rally set up"?

Best regards / Björn

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Björn,
may be my picture is misleading. I think (not sure) the Rally car is a Replica Livery of Rafael Barrios car. The Period picture look like it's a road race? not the dirt type rally.
cheers
tenn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Rallycar with other setup than circuit GTAm's?

Olaf,

Thx for very interesting info. Would you know if this car had other specifications - being a rally car - compared to the trackrace GTAms, i.e. engine, driveline, gear ratios? Does it still exist? Were there other GTAms that had a "rally set up"?

Best regards / Björn
Hello Björn,

Interesting question. As far as I know, the GTAm was only homologated with the Lucas fuelinjection, also for rallies. I have seen GTAm's with carburettors but most of those if not all were replica's or cars that had their fuelinjection removed because of difficulty with tuning the injection unit. But as nothing is totally sure in the Alfa Romeo world, others may know other things!
Maybe that kengta, andrew, papajam, rossogtv4me, vsharp and the other knowledgable can shine a light on this question. I'll get back to you after the weekend when I have my information at hand.
In the mean time you can have a look at this link for more rally GTAm's. http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giu...m-1965-1975/162337-gtam-chassisnumbers-8.html

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you Olaf. The thread you linked to included very interesting info on GTAms, thx! Amazing what a djungle of different specs/chassis nrs/etc these cars seem to possess. Just when you think you got it there is some new exception from the rule...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The exception to the rule

Thank you Olaf. The thread you linked to included very interesting info on GTAms, thx! Amazing what a djungle of different specs/chassis nrs/etc these cars seem to possess. Just when you think you got it there is some new exception from the rule...
Hello Scuderia Svezia,

Thanks for the reply. Some time ago, I had a nice conversation with mr. Hilary Raab, who happens to know a few things about Ferrari's and other marques. He told me that with for example Porsche, almost everything (relatively speaking) is know because of the way the factory documented the production and the modification of their roadgoing and racing/rally cars. With marques like Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Maserati to name a few, there is still mistery because of the limited documentation and all the exceptions to the rule.
And I consider myself an "apprentice" where it concerns GTA, GTA-SA, GTA 1300 Junior and GTAm. Some guys here are very knowledgable. Because of the contacts with them and others, the books & documentation and information on internet to name just a few sources, I try to watch and learn.

Ciao, Olaf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts