Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Was this a factory Spider color?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Hooligan 
#1 ·
Never seen it... I assume it wasn't offered in the US (car is in France):

I like!

See less See more
#3 ·
i believe it might be "LeMans Blue" AR348 (Dupont #37011)

#5 ·
I think 69 Corvette Pontiac LeMans Metallic Blue is definetly better-add twin SS stripes down the hood and trunk and a black top-you're ready for some head turning.

#6 ·
i have it in my dupont color charts. there was a lighter blue as well.

attached

Attachments

#8 ·
im pretty sure the series4 cars were a different set of colors. the FIAT-ownership and new plant-location and all...

in fact my info from archivohistorio claims my color was "pastel black' and i dont see that either. looks like just black to me..

#10 ·
I would venture a guess that the car in the picture has been repainted - notice the '91 and post '92 taillight - as well as the lack of any rear Alfa Romeo and Spider emblems. Also, the Pininfarina emblems are relocated.

That's not to say it's a non offered color. I've never seen one, and I guess it is not original to this particular car.

I've only seen:

Red
Burgundy Metallic
Black
White
Silver
British Racing Green

#11 ·
Per the sales brochure, the S4 spiders only came in black, white, silver, red, green, and yellow. Unless they had other color options in Europe looks like it's aftermarket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.