Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Alfa Spider Color

I had a '74 Spider Veloce that same color which was the original paint. I have seen one other the same color from Tacoma.

Onealfanut

·
Registered
520 Posts
i believe it might be "LeMans Blue" AR348 (Dupont #37011)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
would not be my first choice but it is an interesting color.
I think 69 Corvette Pontiac LeMans Metallic Blue is definetly better-add twin SS stripes down the hood and trunk and a black top-you're ready for some head turning.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i have it in my dupont color charts. there was a lighter blue as well.

attached

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
im pretty sure the series4 cars were a different set of colors. the FIAT-ownership and new plant-location and all...

in fact my info from archivohistorio claims my color was "pastel black' and i dont see that either. looks like just black to me..

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have it in my dupont color charts. there was a lighter blue as well.

attached
Thanks for the chart! Very informative.

What era does that cover? I wish it was broken down by model... too bad!

And, yes, it does look like that car is LeMans blue. Never seen one, but I like it. Seems fitting on a Series 4.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would venture a guess that the car in the picture has been repainted - notice the '91 and post '92 taillight - as well as the lack of any rear Alfa Romeo and Spider emblems. Also, the Pininfarina emblems are relocated.

That's not to say it's a non offered color. I've never seen one, and I guess it is not original to this particular car.

I've only seen:

Red
Burgundy Metallic
Black
White
Silver
British Racing Green

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,087 Posts
Per the sales brochure, the S4 spiders only came in black, white, silver, red, green, and yellow. Unless they had other color options in Europe looks like it's aftermarket.

·
Registered
142 Posts
How about Hugger Orange

I was in Providence RI last night and parked outside the Italian restaurant I was eating at was a Hugger Orange (or was it Sunkist orange) S3 Spider.

Definitely eye catching.

Larry

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It looks pretty standard Euro specs, to me, as far as badges goes. Color, I don't know.
S4s were marketed from early 1990 (late '89?) in Europe, S3s were never very popular over here.
Erik

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Per the sales brochure, the S4 spiders only came in black, white, silver, red, green, and yellow. Unless they had other color options in Europe looks like it's aftermarket.
There were several different colors for Europe.

For one, I've seen a few medium metallic blue (same as my car) S3s with black interiors. As far as I know, that was not a US option.

They look better with tan inside anyway. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts