Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
750 Sprints, Spider, 101 Sprint, Spider & Ti, 105 Sprint GT, 105 Juniors, others
4,878 Posts
Not that I've ever heard of in the 30 odd years I've been involved with Giuliettas. Bertone produced an accessories catalogue with fitted luggage shown as an option for the Sprints, but I've never heard nor seen an accessories catalogue for the Spiders

But there was a very active cottage industry in Italy at the time with incredibly talented artisans, I imagine if you looked through period Italian newspapers and magazines you will find adverts for fitted luggage to suit a variety of Italian cars of the period. This would mirror the adverts in the UK Automobilist and other publications of the time for tyres, batteries, roof racks, car seat covers, headlight peaks, door mirrors and everything else you can think of in period. Think of Carlo Abarth offering exhaust systems from a Fiat Cinquecento to a 250 Ferrari and everything in between.

Be interesting to see if some of our European members remember anything from that time

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I would concur with Greig having never seen anything for the Spiders. There is a period Italian vendor catalog that listed accessories for different Italian cars which is quite rare in itself. They may have listed something for Spiders but I've only seen the front cover and a few pages so I couldn't say with any certainty. Ajac? Rijac? Ajax? Something like that. It seems to appear on the market a bit more frequently than the Bertone catalog and sells in the $200 range if you can find one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts