Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a race Giulia Super with turbo, widened body and wider wheels. I am planning to get it on licence plates.
And to be able to do that I need to document that a similar car with wider track width and more horsepower was delivered from Alfa Romeo as a road car and registrated on plates.

As I have figured outafter searching the web the wide GTAm was only a racecar and the GTA Stradale was a normal slim version. Can anyone hopefully prove me wrong?

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
It's more complicated than that. I'll move this to the GTA forum for a likely more informed discussion of road and race GTAs.

My vintage race Super is street legal in California, has plates, is insured; legal, not a subterfuge. I drive it to and from the track, and it did so with the previous owner in NC too.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
16,561 Posts
Friend of mine registered his race Alfa as a plain and simple version, no questions asked.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Road registered

I have a race Giulia Super with turbo, widened body and wider wheels. I am planning to get it on licence plates.
And to be able to do that I need to document that a similar car with wider track width and more horsepower was delivered from Alfa Romeo as a road car and registrated on plates.

As I have figured outafter searching the web the wide GTAm was only a racecar and the GTA Stradale was a normal slim version. Can anyone hopefully prove me wrong?

Thanks for your help
Dear AR75Milano,

Yes, the GTAm was road registered in Italy back in the 1970´s. Several Autodelta and other GTAm´s were racing and rallying with licenseplates on them. The GTAm was also road registered in other European countries like the Netherlands and Germany. In fact, the cars were registered as 1750 GTV´s as they were orginally 105.51 or 150.44 series 1750 GTV´s that were taken of the productionline and changed into GTAm´s, still carrying the 1750 GTV chassisnumber. There is a thread about GTAm chassisnumbers in this chapter that also has licenseplates mentioned.
You will find more info here:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/1061694-post198.html

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
it depends on where you are and the rules that applied.
In Holland it will not be that difficult if you have the original license of the car involved.
(I know of a widened Super in Holland, ex Christiano).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your answers.
I live in Norway and it is difficult, but not impossible to get licence plates on modified cars if you get the correct documetation for them. I might even get the turbo written in the papers if I can show papers on cars with more horsepower than the standard ones.

I will check the chassisnumbers from the other tread. That tread will for sure help.

Do you mean the blue or the orange Giulia?

I ad a picture of mine.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts