Alfa Romeo Forums banner

121 - 140 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I received this email regarding my WTB for a VVT solenoid. it sounds a bit suspicious to me (they have zero posts):
username is fosterautos

Hi,

I can help with the required item(s). E-mail me on [email protected] and let me have a contact phone number to reach.

Cheers,

Ian Foster
United Kingdom
It has all the details of the same scam, leave it alone,
Steve

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
He is still trying to scam - got the following via PM:

Hi,

I can help with the required item(s). E-mail me on [email protected] and let me have a contact phone number to reach.

Cheers,

Ian Foster
United Kingdom

Annoying....

·
Registered
89 Posts
fosterautos has been banned.
Hi Papajam,

Perhaps the Alfabb forum should insist on copies of Identity documents and proof of residence (scanned Copy of Social card\ID book\Similar and electricity bill for example etc…) where the persons details are listed, and indicate that this is there to ensure the continuous integrity of the forum and to protect the interests of existing registered users against fraud\misconduct etc…

If a person really has good and honest intentions and wants to register and be part of Alfa BB, I firmly believe he\she won’t hesitate to provide.

Regards

Eddy

·
Registered
13 Posts
He's just emailed me.

Username is Durhamm

I can be of a great help with your need as described in your advert I just stumbled on. Let me know all that you seek and a phone number to reach you. I'll quickly get back with you on this and what is available. E-mail is best on [email protected]

Cheers,

Fabian Hughes
United Kingdom.

·
Registered
32 Posts
While we are calling out scammers. We have a member here that has a black spray painted 80's spider with Mustang gearbox, porsche brakes and corvette taillamps. He sold me on buying a frame stiffener of his designn for my spider. He says its MUCH better that what I can find at International or elsewhere.

THE PROBLEM IS...HE TAKES YOUR DEPOSIT AND NEVER RETURNS WITH FRAME STIFFENER. ITS BEEN 3 years!. He used to always come around TAP plastics in Sacramento. This is where we met. He hasnt been around at all lately and has failed to produce frame stiffener of my money back ($450).

Dont let this guys SCAM you. OR, if you know this guy...tell him Im looking for him...and my $450.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just went to TAP plastics and asked about the "guy that comes in with a little black Alfa..." They all interupted and yelled "RANDAL!". So...they know him too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
He's back... Just got this private message from PeterHD today @ 02:33 PM...

peterhd

Weber 45 DCOE Auxiliary Venturi & Jets Hi I'm looking for the following for the Webe

It would be much better if you let me know all that you require. Perhaps, a contact phone number will be best too. E-mail me on [email protected]

Cheers,
David Leslie
United Kingdom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone else seen the blue Giulietta advertised on Car and Classic which is being shipped from USA to Spain? CLASSIC CARSTRO. I have lots to tell about this guy. Please do not send any money as deposit.

121 - 140 of 227 Posts