Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
PHP:
Does the following engine belong to you engine number 1315-32413. This engine was offered to me. I am required to pay the full amount or a deposit before the person will deal with me. This individual contacted me through my post on the parts wanted Section. I requested his contact address and contact details 5 times.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
PHP:
Does the following engine belong to you engine number 1315-32413. This engine was offered to me. I am required to pay the full amount or a deposit before the person will deal with me. This individual contacted me through my post on the parts wanted Section. I requested his contact address and contact details 5 times.
That engine is currently on ebay and is being listed for $35,000

Alfa Romeo 750 Veloce Engine and Transmission | eBay

A complete 750 veloce engine certainly is worth anywhere between twice or three times the $4,000 asking price. If it sounds to good to be true it is because it is too good to be true. Therefore, clearly a SCAM.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Was contacted by "Lowrider" today, 1/15 @3:00pm pac. asking if I was still looking for wheels I had posted about 6mos. ago. New user, no posts. Seems suspicious? Beware

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ask the scam artist to supply you with his contact number and physical address, payment on delivery or pickup. The person if you can call him that will then insist on a deposit before dealing with you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got an email from '1950' today. Looks like the original reason for this post has returned. However he didn't stipulate what part(s) he was offering.. maybe he was offering me a time machine to go back five days and replace the head on my 164 before it dropped a valve? :)

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Sorry for the delay. I was in the shop getting my neck rebuilt.

Users 1950 (Mark Minkoff) and Lowrider have been banned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also contacted by Mark Minkoff via ad in our local Alfa Club classifieds. Must be trawling through Club ads as well.

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Beware of "Dave Cooper" in Wales

I posted my direct email address in my Wanted ad on the BB yesterday.

Today I received the following message in my personal Inbox:

--
I have lot's of parts at my disposal at the moment and as regard to
the public advert you placed, am contacting you as I can actually help
source them out if you let me have a list of required parts and a
phone number to call.

Warm regards,

Dave Cooper ([email protected])
Wales, United Kingdom.

I believe this 'Dave Cooper' is just the latest phony name being used in this string of scammers.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Similar pattern:

Hi,

I am a visitor on the Alfabb forum and not a member. Also i will accept payment via Western union or Moneygram as i am not setup with PayPal. I do have not have photo of the eyelid but not to worry on condition as is excellent and it can be returned back if condition is not as advised.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
Received this in a PM.

minkoffx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for a set of Alan Ward street springs for a 105 series. looking for a set of
We're currently parting out and clearing the garage with lots of original parts for sale. A number to call you is very important. You can e-mail me on [email protected]

Cheers,

Ian Sparrow
United Kingdom

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ian Sparrow sent me an email with pics of a gt
He says that he is selling all the parts
I wonder how can i verify if it is true

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm afraid Ian Sparrow sent me the exact same message regarding some bumpers for my spider. I have to say I was tempted to do business with him until I saw that he was banned. He's so eager on his emails too, just to good to be true.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Received This In A PM:

jim3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Shankle 105/115 Spider Front Spoiler

Let me know via email if you still need the Shankle 105/115 Spider Front Spoiler.

[email protected]

IS THIS A SCAM? SEEMS LIKE...............

81 - 100 of 227 Posts