Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Jim-- Is there any way that Google can cut his water off if all this evidence is reported on him? Just wondering... thanks for your diligence, sir.

I've dealt with guys on the BB repeatedly but have not been burned yet. Normally I like to deal with those who have long standing on the BB, or folks I personally know.

I have found that the Alfa community is 99.99% a terrific group of people. Period!

·
Premium Member
13,381 Posts
Is there any way that Google can cut his water off
I think I saw a news story that Google has drones :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Jim-- Is there any way that Google can cut his water off if all this evidence is reported on him? Just wondering... thanks for your diligence, sir.

I've dealt with guys on the BB repeatedly but have not been burned yet. Normally I like to deal with those who have long standing on the BB, or folks I personally know.

I have found that the Alfa community is 99.99% a terrific group of people. Period!
Hi All,

Being in the IT business I can say that each and every device (PC\Laptop\Ipad etc. etc.) has a MAC address hard coded to it.

MAC is an acronym and stands for Media Access Control. The MAC address (also known as the physical address) is your computer's unique hardware number. When you're connected to the Internet from your computer (or the "host"), a correspondence table relates your IP address to your computer's physical (MAC) address on the LAN. This is how the router knows where to send IP packets destined for your system.

hence with this one is able to trace any activity back to the source, which indirectly can lead to the location, or able to provide the authorities to retrieve the owver of the device as this is unique to the MAC itself.

If the webmaster of ALFABB reports the scam to the authorities, perhaps they can assist by "reverse-engineering" the gmail messages in order to acquire the MAC address of the sender as this is usually also embedded within the IP packets along with the Ip address etc ...

Just a thought!

Regards

Ed

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi All & Mods,

I wonder if this is the same guy? PM I received.

Bidding You Happy New Year ! ! ! We're currently parting out and clearing the garage with lots of original parts for sale. A number to call you is very important. You can e-mail me on [email protected]

Many thanks again and regards,

Tom Copeman
United Kingdom

Let me know if I can help. I despise sleazebags !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here he is again, likely:

1967 Duetto Ashtray & Console
Let me know via email if you still need the 1967 Duetto Ashtray & Console.

[email protected]
Forward Message

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi

I have get similar pm concerning one item which I had need. Same email address.

BR.
Juha

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just received a similar message from a new user called 1950, who just joined. Also with 0 posts:

Report Private Message
Today, 01:15 AM

15" x 4.5" Steel wheels for Duetto wanted.

"Happy New Year ! ! ! We're currently parting out and clearing the garage with lots of original parts for sale. A number to call you is very important. You can e-mail me on [email protected]

Cheers,

Mark Minkoff
United Kingdom "

I did not reply. Seems to be a part of the same scam, perhaps the same individual.

Lars

·
Registered
369 Posts
Same Scammer, Different Day

Heard from this prior-referenced individual again today:

Happy New Year ! ! ! We're currently parting out and clearing the garage with lots of original parts for sale. A number to call you is very important. You can e-mail me on [email protected]

Cheers,

Mark Minkoff
United Kingdom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all, please be careful I have just been offered a 58 Veloce engine plug and play for firstly 3500 GBP then 4000 GBP. Not sure if I will part with my money without viewing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Dennis,

I will keep you posted with the facts as they unfold. Have requested contact details and a number where I can call. This I need so I can have my clearing agent go collect and pay at the same time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Please be careful of this offer, I was contacted with pictures and a price on a 58 Veloce engine with all the bells and whistles. The condition was put all the money in his account and he will ship via UPS or FedEx within 7 days. I asked 5 times for a Contact number and address where I can view the engine. I said I would send my shipping Agent to collect the engine with payment to him on collection. He then wanted a deposit, I again said payment on collection by my agent. He advised he will only deal on a deposit upfront basis despite all my efforts. The person deals from a gmail account without an address or telephone no, why would anybody put money in an account under these conditions?

Happy New Year ! ! ! We're currently parting out and clearing the garage with lots of original parts for sale. A number to call you is very important. You can e-mail me on [email protected]

Cheers,

Mark Minkoff
United Kingdom[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ok, now I understand, and you´re correct, this is a clear 100% scam, but it wasn´t that obvious in your previous post.

Dennis

61 - 80 of 227 Posts