201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Report Private Message Private Message: 1600 3 bolt mechanical bellhousing
Today, 07:00 AM
bremmers

1600 3 bolt mechanical bellhousing
Howdy! I am doing major sales of extra spares and plenty others from dismantled parts cars. Perhaps, you should let me know if there are other parts you are looking to purchase. E-mail to me an available phone number and a list to [email protected]

Regards,

John Bremmer
USA
FYI: email crops up on lotus forum too.....
Complete 2000e gearbox : Wanted or Needed by LotusElan.net

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I would never buy any Alfa part that is paid for using a wire transfer or Western Union unless you have prior business with that person or company. I have purchased many parts from Europe and had no problems with any of the vendors or private parties. I also like to call the person if possible and email them before doing any business.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Hi All,

Richard Weeks ??

from Sweden / USA ???

do someone know this person ?

he contacted me for buying and selling alfa parts I have for sale / trade

rgds Franco

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hi All,

Richard Weeks ??

from Sweden / USA ???

do someone know this person ?

he contacted me for buying and selling alfa parts I have for sale / trade

rgds Franco
Richard Weeks?

Ha-ha, sounds like some kind of a mix of the leading personalities from both "Fast N´Loud" and "Misfit Garage", Richard Rawlings and Thomas Weeks.
Both series can be seen on Discovery Channel in Sweden.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I think there´s new fortune seeker with zero posts on the Board again, see here below:

Nardi steering wheel for 750-101 Sprint/Spider Looking to buy used original 50´- 60´
Hi, I will be able to source out these parts like I have done in the past if you let me know all that you are looking to purchase and a phone number to [email protected]

Regards,

Peter Pietz
USA

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think there´s new fortune seeker with zero posts on the Board again, see here below:

Nardi steering wheel for 750-101 Sprint/Spider Looking to buy used original 50´- 60´
Hi, I will be able to source out these parts like I have done in the past if you let me know all that you are looking to purchase and a phone number to [email protected]

Regards,

Peter Pietz
USA

Peter has contacted me as well..... it is certainly a scam. I just deleted him......

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I always buy parts from owners not in driving distance using Paypal. I buy parts from local owners using cash. I buy parts from vendors using credit cards. I do not buy any parts from owners who want wire transfers or Western Union unless I personally know the owner. I try to use common sense when dealing with people.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here's an email I received about a week ago in my search for an exhaust manifold. From a guy, Peter Pietr, supposedly in Crawfordville, IN. The pic he sent of the part was one of many I saw on Google Images. Anybody know him?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for writing. Great! I have a 1-4 split exhaust manifold for a
1991 Alfa Spider in excellent shape and condition, ready to mount on.
I'm asking $300 and happy to arrange delivery via USPS or Greyhound to
your door step and would acknowledge payment via Money Gram since my
PayPal is still not up and running. What's your complete shipping
address?

Many thanks again and regards,

Peter

Thanks, Jeff Lowden

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Hi Jeff,
Peter Pietr was banned on 14 March (please scroll up a couple of posts). Could you please confirm the receive date of the email?
Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The one I posted was received on March 16. I replied to that one but then read the threads about the scams. I received another one just this morning at 3:39 AM.

·
Registered
66 Posts
He has changed his user name to "allens" with a join date of March 17. He managed to get my email address and sent me one which I foolishly opened. email is [email protected]. Should have checked this thread. Guy should be again blocked from the board. Tim

Here is how he responded to my search for front seats:
Write me to my e-mail and I will get back to you on pricing and pictures. Let me know Asap.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
for the record...ive used moneygram before. never had and issue if you trust the fellow on the other end. i bought a set of wheels with paypal on ebay for the alfa... despite their reassurance and guarantees, the wheels never came and paypal refunded my a whole $7. **** paypal...they have got the world convince that they are the only option transfer to funds and it is apparent here on the BB

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,132 Posts
for the record...ive used moneygram before. never had and issue if you trust the fellow on the other end. i bought a set of wheels with paypal on ebay for the alfa... despite their reassurance and guarantees, the wheels never came and paypal refunded my a whole $7. @@@@ paypal...they have got the world convince that they are the only option transfer funds and it is apparent here on the BB
I always pay with a credit card through paypal for my ebay purchases. It gives me a backup if paypal falls through.

·
Registered
39 Posts
SCAM Warning. I got approached by a guy going by John Fishborne. I have a wanted add for GT jr seats. Here is his most recent reply when I asked for his phone number.

Hi Marty,

Apologizes, my phone got damaged after a get together party I and the wife organized over the weekend. As a result it's almost impossible to reach me by phone but best to reach me here for now. Let me know if we still have a deal.

John

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
SCAM Warning. I got approached by a guy going by John Fishborne. I have a wanted add for GT jr seats. Here is his most recent reply when I asked for his phone number.

Hi Marty,

Apologizes, my phone got damaged after a get together party I and the wife organized over the weekend. As a result it's almost impossible to reach me by phone but best to reach me here for now. Let me know if we still have a deal.

John
When this happens, post the individual's BB username and flag the post so the admins can block him. Won't stop the guy but it'll slow him down.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
^^^This^^^

Thanks, Tom!
There's not much I can do without a BB username or an email address.

201 - 220 of 227 Posts