Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake and battery warning lights come on momentarily and fade out as they should when the Alfa is started up. But when I'm driving, they will do the same thing or flicker on and off when I go over the slightest bump..

1) I've cleaned and tightened the battery posts.
2) cleaned the grounds under the left corner of the dash. (4 wires)
3) cleaned and tightened the battery negative cable connection to the car.

Any ideas on how to fix this. It's a little annoying.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,278 Posts
If it's the brake and battery warning lights at the same time it's not the parking brake switch. You're losing power somehow. For me it was a loose battery cable, but sounds like you checked that. Did you check where the ground strap attaches to the body?

Could also be a failing ignition switch I guess. You try banging on it to see if you can replicate the behavior over bumps?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took your suggestion and tapped around the dash and the fuse box. Tapping the fuse box replicated the problem. Which fuse is connected to those lights?
Where else could there be a loose connection at or near the fuse box?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,278 Posts
Well, there you go. Drop the fusebox down and see if you can further isolate it to either a specific fuse or a specific connector on the rear. If it's like the S4 you can unsnap the fusebox from the hinge to get better access.

Note that some of the wiring there is going to be +12V hot even with the ignition off, so use a lot of caution if you do anything with the battery connected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts